Slant back soft tops

Josh1313

Hi guys. I’m a newly Jeep owner for about 6 months now. I have a 2015 Sahara unlimited hardtop, lift with 35’s. I’m gradually changing some things. I’m looking for a slant back soft top for the summer months. I’ve looked online and read lots of reviews all having some good and bad. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Bestop makes the best soft tops you can get, period.

Bestop is also the OE supplier to Mopar (Jeep) for the factory soft tops, which speaks to their quality.

Look around all you want, but if you are after the best-of-the-best, there is nothing better than a bestow soft top.

For your JKU, this one would be the cream of the crop:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=372771968274

Reactions: vaffanculo
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Bestop makes the best soft tops you can get, period.

Bestop is also the OE supplier to Mopar (Jeep) for the factory soft tops, which speaks to their quality.

Look around all you want, but if you are after the best-of-the-best, there is nothing better than a bestow soft top.

For your JKU, this one would be the cream of the crop:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=372771968274
Thanks Chris— I have been looking at the bestops. I’ve been looking on Extreme Terrain at the TrekTop NX soft top Black Diamond. I do like the one on you sent. So you recommend the twill over anything else? I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s worth it-

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler JK Forum may be compensated.
Thanks Chris— I have been looking at the bestops. I’ve been looking on Extreme Terrain at the TrekTop NX soft top Black Diamond. I do like the one on you sent. So you recommend the twill over anything else? I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s worth it-

Twill is the top of the line material. It's what BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferarri, and any high end auto manufacturer uses on their convertible tops. It's much darker black, much thicker, more sound resistant, and keeps heat in and cold out.

If you want the best top you can get, it's going to be a Bestop twill top.

My '08 came with a slant-back Bestop. I don't know which one though. I'm guessing it's a year old or so.

I've had several different tops on my CJ's/Wranglers and Bestop is hands-down the best. I'm putting a hardtop on my '08, but this soft top is probably one of the best I've had. The cheaper ones are definitely cheap. They do fine, but tend to be noisier and leak. That's my experience anyway.

Tim

I love the options the slant top gives. Unzip the the back windows, take off doors and you have instant bikini top.
IMG_20190613_182623157.jpg

Twill is the top of the line material. It's what BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferarri, and any high end auto manufacturer uses on their convertible tops. It's much darker black, much thicker, more sound resistant, and keeps heat in and cold out.

If you want the best top you can get, it's going to be a Bestop twill top.
@Chris - What's the big difference between the black diamond material and the twill?

I'm looking at these two tops - big price difference, is the twill that much better? Summer vehicle only - soft top is solely for cooler mornings or chances of rain.

vs.

@Chris - What's the big difference between the black diamond material and the twill?

I'm looking at these two tops - big price difference, is the twill that much better? Summer vehicle only - soft top is solely for cooler mornings or chances of rain.

vs.

I know this is directed at Chris, but the twill is a much thicker and nicer material. If i was getting a soft top, i would only go twill. More expensive, but more durable and nicer.

Reactions: tsetsefly1

vs.

Black diamond isn't a material, it's a color.

The standard soft tops are made of sailcloth. The premium soft tops are made of twill. The twill tops are twice as thick and super high end. This is the material that comes on high end luxury convertibles. It's noticeably quieter, noticeably nicer, and also much more expensive. Is it worth the extra cost? IMHO, yes, it really is.

Reactions: mrjp and tsetsefly1
Im looking to get a black twill for my 07 sahara JK, but finding that the JL for some reason is almost 1k cheaper, can anyone explain why?