Slant back soft tops

Josh1313

Hi guys. I’m a newly Jeep owner for about 6 months now. I have a 2015 Sahara unlimited hardtop, lift with 35’s. I’m gradually changing some things. I’m looking for a slant back soft top for the summer months. I’ve looked online and read lots of reviews all having some good and bad. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
OP
Josh1313

Josh1313

Bestop makes the best soft tops you can get, period.

Bestop is also the OE supplier to Mopar (Jeep) for the factory soft tops, which speaks to their quality.

Look around all you want, but if you are after the best-of-the-best, there is nothing better than a bestow soft top.

For your JKU, this one would be the cream of the crop:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=372771968274
Thanks Chris— I have been looking at the bestops. I’ve been looking on Extreme Terrain at the TrekTop NX soft top Black Diamond. I do like the one on you sent. So you recommend the twill over anything else? I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s worth it-

Oscar-Mike

TJ Enthusiast
Just curious, how are you attracted to the slant back? My wife hates it.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Thanks Chris— I have been looking at the bestops. I’ve been looking on Extreme Terrain at the TrekTop NX soft top Black Diamond. I do like the one on you sent. So you recommend the twill over anything else? I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s worth it-
Twill is the top of the line material. It's what BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Ferarri, and any high end auto manufacturer uses on their convertible tops. It's much darker black, much thicker, more sound resistant, and keeps heat in and cold out.

If you want the best top you can get, it's going to be a Bestop twill top.

JKTimmah

Supporting Member
My '08 came with a slant-back Bestop. I don't know which one though. I'm guessing it's a year old or so.

I've had several different tops on my CJ's/Wranglers and Bestop is hands-down the best. I'm putting a hardtop on my '08, but this soft top is probably one of the best I've had. The cheaper ones are definitely cheap. They do fine, but tend to be noisier and leak. That's my experience anyway.

Tim

jackthe

I love the options the slant top gives. Unzip the the back windows, take off doors and you have instant bikini top.
IMG_20190613_182623157.jpg