Shocks with reservoirs

I’m not sure who Vertical Scope is

They are a Canadian company who owns almost every major forum on the internet. They didn't build the forums themselves, they bought them from people like me, including the guys who started the other Jeep forums.

That's all Vertical Scope does is buy up forums and monetize them. They don't even usually own or have an interest in anything that the forum has to do with.

Probably one of the reasons the forums tend to go down hill after they buy them.

They are a Canadian company who owns almost every major forum on the internet. They didn't build the forums themselves, they bought them from people like me, including the guys who started the other Jeep forums.

That's all Vertical Scope does is buy up forums and monetize them. They don't even usually own or have an interest in anything that the forum has to do with.

Probably one of the reasons the forums tend to go down hill after they buy them.

A tractor and Diesel Forums i'm also on were just recently bought up by them.

A tractor and Diesel Forums i'm also on were just recently bought up by them.

Yep, they tried to buy the TJ forum from me as well (I told them no). I refuse to sell out. I know what happens once those guys take over a forum :rolleyes:

Yep, they tried to buy the TJ forum from me as well (I told them no). I refuse to sell out. I know what happens once those guys take over a forum :rolleyes:
Ok I’m not very IT or tech Davy so I don’t understand why the sites go downhill after they’re bought out

Ok I’m not very IT or tech Davy so I don’t understand why the sites go downhill after they’re bought out

I think it has to do with the fact that they aren't buying the sites because they are Jeep enthusiasts. They are buying them with one purpose and one purpose only, making money off ads.

While there is nothing technically wrong with making money from ads, you're going to get a much better site in my opinion when it's run by someone who is actually passionate about it. For instance, I'm obsessed with Jeep Wranglers, as were the guys who started Jeep Forum and Wrangler Forum back in the day.

Vertical Scope doesn't care about Wranglers. They are a large company who cares only about the sites as a means of making money.

Because of that, after they took over, I watched things slowly go downhill. Trolls left and right, lack of moderation (and the moderators they do have seemed to be power hungry assholes), etc.

I could go on about it forever. Hell, I could probably write an article about it.

Either way, I started this forum (and the YJ and TJ forum) because I was disappointed how the other forums started going downhill, so I wanted to bring them back to life.

I think it has to do with the fact that they aren't buying the sites because they are Jeep enthusiasts. They are buying them with one purpose and one purpose only, making money off ads.

While there is nothing technically wrong with making money from ads, you're going to get a much better site in my opinion when it's run by someone who is actually passionate about it. For instance, I'm obsessed with Jeep Wranglers, as were the guys who started Jeep Forum and Wrangler Forum back in the day.

Vertical Scope doesn't care about Wranglers. They are a large company who cares only about the sites as a means of making money.

Because of that, after they took over, I watched things slowly go downhill. Trolls left and right, lack of moderation (and the moderators they do have seemed to be power hungry assholes), etc.

I could go on about it forever. Hell, I could probably write an article about it.

Either way, I started this forum (and the YJ and TJ forum) because I was disappointed how the other forums started going downhill, so I wanted to bring them back to life.
I got it....thanks for explaining it 👍🏼

Assholes isn’t the word for some of the people on that forum. And like you said, it’s gotten out of control from the lack of moderation because there’s no care for anything other than money so a lot of things go unnoticed.

Reactions: Chris
I got it....thanks for explaining it 👍🏼

Assholes isn’t the word for some of the people on that forum. And like you said, it’s gotten out of control from the lack of moderation because there’s no care for anything other than money so a lot of things go unnoticed.

I was a Moderator on a Forum for quite a few years and quit because there were so many that only wanted the name and did nothing. Also a couple that let there buddies bash everyone and when some stood up to that person they got in trouble while the real problems went on to cause more. I'm on a Tractor Forum and it's a nice place not many problems, but mostly older people. It went to Verticle Scope about 6 months ago also.

I was a Moderator on a Forum for quite a few years and quit because there were so many that only wanted the name and did nothing. Also a couple that let there buddies bash everyone and when some stood up to that person they got in trouble while the real problems went on to cause more. I'm on a Tractor Forum and it's a nice place not many problems, but mostly older people. It went to Verticle Scope about 6 months ago also.
So now that Vertical Scope owns it, do you think it will go downhill?

All in all, people are entitled to their opinions especially when asked for It. You can’t expect nothing but good comments if you ask what people think. And if you disagree with something....sure go ahead and disagree. But bashing somebody for something they chose simply because you wouldn’t have chosen it, and doing it with rude comments, says a lot about a persons character.

Now on the flip side, I think it’s absolutely ridiculous how soft society has become. How you have to tip-toe around everybody’s feelings for EVERY LITTLE THING because now EVERYTHING has to be accepted Whether you like it or not. God forbid somebody’s feeling get hurt because it’s something they disagree with and before you know it, it turns into a huge debate over basically nothing. It’s like you can’t disagree with anything because you’re looked at as a bad guy. Nobody has thick skin anymore because people want their 15 mins of fame to bitch and complain about something for attention.

Hopefully my rant there didn’t contradict my point. I think people need to be a little tougher when accepting criticism instead of acting like little cry babies but on the other hand there’s no need to act like a dick and smash somebody with rude comments when asked for an opinion. Wow....this got WAY off topic 🤣 (which I’m totally fine with)

I don't know what will happen to the Forum I do notice there is always alot of new members added everyday.

One thing people need to realize is when you post something on the internet everyone in the world can read it. It needs to be Family friendly for all ages since you don't know who might read what's posted. Alot of people like myself will be what I always called lurkers just to check out a Forum before joining.

Reactions: Maximus
Yep, you got it guys. Most people just want the moderator name. Few want to actually do anything.

I know how that goes because the same thing happened on the TJ forum. I gave a few people the task of being moderators, and guess what they did? NOTHING

They literally didn't help me in any way whatsoever, just wanted the title. Of course that's not everyone, it was just the majority of the people who had the moderator title.

Reactions: BLACKJKU