Seat belt indicator comes on when buckled

If it was just the light on the dash, it wouldn't be as much a problem as the audible ding, ding that never stopped.
It only takes few minutes before it became intolerable, even with the windows down and music up.

Someone elsewhere suggested a 10 or 12 gu. wire with proper insulation on it instead of a paper clip.
So there is that too.

I do appreciate any and all suggestions offered.

Just cut the 2 wires about a 1" from the plug and strip back the insulation twist them together and tape. I also found to videos that enplane how to disable the chime using the ign key.

#Jeep How to Disable #Seatbelt Chime Hack - YouTube

Reactions: mfinn and mrjp
I have a 2018 and this has been happening with mine - so annoying. Dealer says need new connector at $268 and of course is not covered. When I wiggle the connector the chime turns off and comes on from time to time, I am afraid this is a safety issue that the belt will not stay engaged with impact, so likely will get it done and of course it is not covered as just over 36K miles. Frustrating.

I have a 2018 and this has been happening with mine - so annoying. Dealer says need new connector at $268 and of course is not covered. When I wiggle the connector the chime turns off and comes on from time to time, I am afraid this is a safety issue that the belt will not stay engaged with impact, so likely will get it done and of course it is not covered as just over 36K miles. Frustrating.

What do you mean your concerned the belt won't stay engaged with impact?

What do you mean your concerned the belt won't stay engaged with impact?
I fear that if I were in an accident that the seat belt will not stay buckled as the connection is very loose in the buckle socket. The good news is I heard from my Jeep dealer this evening and they will agree to cover the replacement part.

I can't believe there is even a remote possibility of a fire using a paper clip. I seriously doubt there's any voltage going through there but I could be wrong. The sensor basically closes a circuit that tells the computer that the seatbelt is buckled. The sensor wire isn't 10 or 12 gauge, it's more likely 18. Use the same gauge as what's there and you'll be fine if you create a jumper.

You could also get an OBD2 dongle and you something like Jay scan and turn off the chime.

This.
I disabled the audible alarm with my OBD2/JScan because I have a couple larger dogs who will occasionally jump into the front seat and set off the alarm. The red dash warning remains as is.

Reactions: TROY66/68 and mrjp
This.
I disabled the audible alarm with my OBD2/JScan because I have a couple larger dogs who will occasionally jump into the front seat and set off the alarm. The red dash warning remains as is.
Old post. DOGS, the damn fabric in my sport is a magnet for dog hair. All Good