Running boards came with no instructions

Joeyjeep2017

Hello everyone,
I have a 2017 Wrangler 4 door Sport. I recently bought running boards from this website: https://www.topgearautosport.com/14...MIg_nmv73e_gIVtA5lCh2xiQVDEAQYIyABEgJAo_D_BwE

And they did not come with instructions on how to mount. Has anyone had any experience installing this exact type of running board? It seems it may attach to the body mount screws? Seems sketchy installing it there because it will create a gap in the threads to the body mount.

Tried emailing the company and looking at the reviews, no help as far as installation goes

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am not sure where else they could mount. I looked at the site and they are listed to fit through 2016 JK’s. That said I am not aware of a 2017/18 being any different. Of course that assume a 2018JK, not JL.

I am not sure where else they could mount. I looked at the site and they are listed to fit through 2016 JK’s. That said I am not aware of a 2017/18 being any different. Of course that assume a 2018JK, not JL.
Don’t you think the body mounts may snap due to pressure of someone standing on the running boards? Seems like that’s the only way it installs from what I can tell but doesn’t seem like a safe install.

Don’t you think the body mounts may snap due to pressure of someone standing on the running boards? Seems like that’s the only way it installs from what I can tell but doesn’t seem like a safe install.
It installs on the body mounts. If the weight of someone standing on the step could snap a body mount, what do you think a speed bump would do?
Just keep in mind that those things are intended only as steps, not off roading armor.

Reactions: Qaddiction
Thats how my Rocky Ridge running boards mount, right to the body mounts. Mine attach to the 3 body mounts under the doors.

Thats how my Rocky Ridge running boards mount, right to the body mounts. Mine attach to the 3 body mounts under the doors.
So the body mount bolts been strong enough to support the weight of someone? That’s all I’m worried about. This design only uses 2, the front and rear. It doesn’t have the middle support section like the Rocky Ridge

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you are that concerned, send them back and get a set that has the 3rd mounting point.

So the body mount bolts been strong enough to support the weight of someone? That’s all I’m worried about. This design only uses 2, the front and rear. It doesn’t have the middle support section like the Rocky Ridge
Those body mount bolts stand up to the weight of the body of your Jeep. Plus all the people inside it. Plus all the interior components, like seats.

You're worrying about nothing.

Reactions: SteveF