Rubicon Sway bar question

KSJKR

Supporting Member
Sorry, but I've got kind of a noob question about the electronic swaybar disconnect on the JKR's. I'm used to the old stuff(CJ's) where you either just remove the front swaybar completely or install/build disconnects. While I haven't had a chance to take it to the local ORV park, I have messed with things a bit, the lockers work great, but when I push the sway bar button it flashes and stays off. Is that normal?

Thanks for the replies! I was on flat ground, in 4-low and the the switch would light when pressed then immediately go out.

We had some nice weather over the weekend so I decided to pull the actuator motor and just look things over. What I found was a treasure trove(not, lol!) of dirt, dried mud, a little moisture, seized parts and a non-functioning actuator motor. I doubt this has ever been taken apart. I'm definitely not spending what they get for a new actuator motor, lol! So for now it's JKS quick disconnects and when I have a free weekend and access to a heated shop I'll pull the entire sway bar assembly, take it apart, clean/lube it, and depending on how things go I may go with onboard air and EVO's air actuated disconnect or just say the hell with all the fancy stuff and just put a normal sway bar on it and stick with the quick disco's.

Reactions: mrjp