Rubi on sahara

BroncoZac79

Will a stock 2018 rubicon suspension fit a 2013 sahara? Will shocks, spings, control arms, track bar & sway bar links all bolt up? I am capable of cutting and welding brackets. Just curious if it’s possible with little or no fab. I found a stock rubicon suspension take off for $100

Last edited:
Will a stock 2018 rubicon suspension fit a 2013 sahara? I am capable of cutting and welding brackets. Just curious if it’s possible with little or no fab. I found a stock rubicon suspension take off for $100

Yes the coil springs have a heavier load capacity which makes them give a little more lift. The main differences in the 2 JK's is just the front axle is a D44.

I have coils from a 2018 Rubicon on my 2008.

Yes the coil springs have a heavier load capacity which makes them give a little more lift. The main differences in the 2 JK's is just the front axle is a D44.

I have coils from a 2018 Rubicon on my 2008.
Thanks. Will track bar, sway bar links, shocks & control arms bolt on?

Thanks for looking! So would just the rubi springs provide lift? Would the other parts be necessary?

How much of a lift are you looking to get? I think you'd probably only see maybe a 1" to 1.5" lift at the most. Alot depends on the code numbers on the springs and what is on yours. Then somewhere on the Web it will tell the load ratings on each Code No. from stiffest to weakest.

Edit: I just looked and I do have the 2018 Rubicon springs on my 08 so they will fit. If the Rubi is a 4 door and your JK is a 2 door the springs will lift more.

Get the spring numbers from the tags on the springs and then look them up. Here is info on the differences of them.

Last edited:
How much of a lift are you looking to get? I think you'd probably only see maybe a 1" to 1.5" lift at the most. Alot depends on the code numbers on the springs and what is on yours. Then somewhere on the Web it will tell the load ratings on each Code No. from stiffest to weakest.

Edit: I just looked and I do have the 2018 Rubicon springs on my 08 so they will fit. If the Rubi is a 4 door and your JK is a 2 door the springs will lift more.

Get the spring numbers from the tags on the springs and then look them up. Here is info on the differences of them.

[/URL]
Awesome, thanks. Not looking for a lot of lift, just an improvement. Id be more interested in achieving more droop than lift overall, but saw this suspension available & cheap. And anything will be better than my worn out springs.

Awesome, thanks. Not looking for a lot of lift, just an improvement. Id be more interested in achieving more droop than lift overall, but saw this suspension available & cheap. And anything will be better than my worn out springs.

As long as you don't go over a 2-2.5" lift you can most of the time just replace the springs and adjustable track bars front and rear.

As long as you don't go over a 2-2.5" lift you can most of the time just replace the springs and adjustable track bars front and rear.
ok. I was thinking the rubi parts would 2” & more droop. Nut i was assuming the track bar & arms were longer than non rubi

ok. I was thinking the rubi parts would 2” & more droop. Nut i was assuming the track bar & arms were longer than non rubi

I was talking about if you bought some new springs you would only need to get adjustable track bars.

If you go over 3" you'll need alot of pieces to make it work like it's supposed to.

I was just going to chime in ], same as @tJKrider 2018 had the JK and JL. Provided the springs are from a JK you should be fine. Maybe I am getting old, but to swap out the coils for Rubi springs, that is a lot of work. I’d be surprised of you even gain 1” of lift. If I was going to all that work I’d look at getting 2-2.5” springs. 2” of lift won’t affect much. “Might” need to look at the shocks, but I am guessing that is all.

Reactions: tJKrider