Road walk

Cheyenne_13

Hey everyone!

I just bought my very first Jeep and I’m so excited. It’s a 2012 and a 6 speed Manual. However, this big girl WALKS. It’s on 33’s with I think a 4 inch lift. I’ve tried getting an alignment, and messing with the toe numbers, and lowering my tire pressure to 34 but nothing has made it better. It doesn’t matter if I’m going 10 MPH or 60 MPH. It pulls and it pulls hard. It’s borderline dangerous for me at this point. The front tires are also splayed outwards at an angle. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m so new to all of this I have no idea what to even do, and if I go to a shop I know someone’s going to bullish!t me because I’m a female and try and soak me for thousands *sigh*. I added pictures of the splay, as well as all the coils and stuff. I also added the paper the alignment shop gave me.
image.jpg
I appreciate any help!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4827.png
IMG_4826.png

Last edited:
33's are pretty small for that much lift. 34PSI is pretty high; most of us are around 25-26PSI. Do a chalk test.
You've got too much wheel and not enough sidewall.
Start checking everything in the suspension and steering for wear and/or looseness. Ball joints, tie rod ends, steering box, etc.

Reactions: Speartip
Do you know if it has adjustable track bars for the front and rear? Is your steering wheel straight when your tires are straight? Definitely do what @Dirty Dog suggested. Chalk test your tires to see what psi works for you.
It doesn’t have a rear adjustable track bar, it looks fixed. But it has a front one. I also did what @DirtyDog said and dropped my PSI from 40 to 30 and made a world of a difference right off the rip.

33's are pretty small for that much lift. 34PSI is pretty high; most of us are around 25-26PSI. Do a chalk test.
You've got too much wheel and not enough sidewall.
Start checking everything in the suspension and steering for wear and/or looseness. Ball joints, tie rod ends, steering box, etc.
I dropped my PSI from 40 to 30 and man what a difference. Still a bit of play but, nothing compared to what it was.

It doesn’t have a rear adjustable track bar, it looks fixed. But it has a front one. I also did what @DirtyDog said and dropped my PSI from 40 to 30 and made a world of a difference right off the rip.
Still significantly higher than where most of us have landed. Did you do the test, or just drop pressure? You really should do the test.

Might need to check your driveshafts as well. A 4" lift almost guarantees you'll need longer driveshafts.
The adjustable control arms will help immensely. They're stretched to their limit now, so every flex in the front end is going to create a pull. Frankly, I'm a little surprised something hasn't broken on the front end yet.

Finally, find some fellow Jeep owners, find a club and talk to them about a reliable 4WD suspension shop.

I know this is after the dogs got out, But, unless someone is an experienced wrangler owner, one should shy away from buying a used heavily modded wrangler. Just too much stuff can go wrong !

Reactions: BigAL07