Replacing shifter indicator bulb in 2007 JK

Dubbyaare

Anyone have a trick for replacing the light bulb in my 2007 jk console auto shift indicator panel ... is it two piece like the 12-18's or will I need to remove the whole console? And bulb size (194?) ... Thanks for all the help I can get

There's a decent youtube video that I used, but of course I can't find it now.
Basically lift up the console top cover (not the armrest, the actual console) and that will give you access to the bulb on the left side of the shifter display.
This is the LED that i used and it worked great.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/74-led-bulb-3-smd-led-miniature-wedge-base
Unable to push the housing in all the way and rotate it to lock it in place, but where can it go?

There's a decent youtube video that I used, but of course I can't find it now.
Basically lift up the console top cover (not the armrest, the actual console) and that will give you access to the bulb on the left side of the shifter display.
This is the LED that i used and it worked great.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/74-led-bulb-3-smd-led-miniature-wedge-base
Unable to push the housing in all the way and rotate it to lock it in place, but where can it go?
Thanks .. I'll need to look closer ... wasn't sure the top section would lift off by itself.

Cool. I just went out and checked mine. I never noticed that there was a place on the inside of the lip after I raised the console lip that will pop up and looks like it will give access to that area easily. To cold here to try it right now. Don’t know if that’s how u went at it. Learn something new everyday. Thanx brother

Cool. I just went out and checked mine. I never noticed that there was a place on the inside of the lip after I raised the console lip that will pop up and looks like it will give access to that area easily. To cold here to try it right now. Don’t know if that’s how u went at it. Learn something new everyday. Thanx brother
I raised the console lid and started there ... you will need to pull the 4x4 shift knob (pull straight up) ... hand brake needs set to allow the top to be removed ... I wouldn't do it if it's real cold ... might brake it ... I ordered bulbs from e bay that's supposed to be a oem replacement .. Mopar shift bezel indicator lamp bulb ... ms820083

Thanx brother. Just got me curious now if I can to the tranny shift cable that way. I’ll check it out. Big pain in the ARSE the other way 😂 thanx🍺
I hate to break your heart BigAl but ... I think the bulb is about all you're going to do by pulling the center bezel :( ... I'll try and post a pic ... (try)

Shifter Bulb.jpg

Heard that. I’ve actually got pretty quick at it by now. Bushings have been replaced and all good. Interested in the area off the tranny shifter on the right side right where the bushing is. There is a set screw where u can adjust the cable length. That’s where I gotta get some times when it gives me that won’t start in drive neutral safety switch crap. I can adjust it a touch and all is well for several months. Got all new bushings on tranny and transfer top and bottom. Just one of them Jeep deals I reckon lol