Rear camera mount options above spare tire

Native Spirit

Supporting Member
Does anyone have issues mounting a rear camera and having a spare tire cover that prevents using the typical through spare mounts? I do not want to drill in the bumper but would prefer placing the camera above the spare just below the third brake light. Any ideas?

If you still have the factory brake light you might be able to mount it on top of the light. Its hard to find a good place for the camera. The best place always seems to comes back to a 'through spare' mount.

Do you have a picture of the rear of your Jeep.. Maybe we can see another place if you have anything different than stock setup.

Reactions: Speartip
Good
If you still have the factory brake light you might be able to mount it on top of the light. Its hard to find a good place for the camera. The best place always seems to comes back to a 'through spare' mount.

Do you have a picture of the rear of your Jeep.. Maybe we can see another place if you have anything different than stock setup.
Good point. I hadn't thought of above the light. Not a lot of room to attach there.

Attachments

• 969BB1C4-A8ED-4645-B0B4-9A6A78CC1E59.heic
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Good

Good point. I hadn't thought of above the light. Not a lot of room to attach there.
Can't see your picture, because I'm not downloading stuff from someone I do not know.
On a hardtop, you can mount the camera on top.
122819-e536f6ae316583b317958f272c9dab51.jpg
122818-de6268c61a4f324711a570a337aef382.jpg

Reactions: Speartip
Mine is aftermarket and I put it on the tag bolt. Meade running wire easy. Yes it's off center but I use it mainly for obstacles behind me that the tire blocks.

Daughter just picked up a ‘17 JK with a lift and 35s. I don’t know if the back up camera was OE or if it is aftermarket. Not sure if it really makes a difference. The camera is mounted on the spare tire carrier and the view is mostly blocked by the wheel spokes of the oversized spare. I’m gonna try to turn the wheel to see if the view improves.

Anybody have any recommendations if turning the wheel doesn’t work?