Questions about first JKU build

Hellcat1941

First time posting on here. Been a jeeper all my life. Just picked up a rubi, manual jku that is beyond stock. First couple of jk's i owned already had at least lift and tires. My question is if i go 3.25 inch rough country lift do i have to extend brake lines, track bar location? etc.. Will my geometry get funky at that height? already planning on hd track bars front and rear, eventually. Any input would be appreciated. Keeping her on 35's only. Don't want to re-gear this one, yet.

What do i have to modify on the exhaust to clear the front driveshaft?

Reactions: JeepJeezy
First time posting on here. Been a jeeper all my life. Just picked up a rubi, manual jku that is beyond stock. First couple of jk's i owned already had at least lift and tires. My question is if i go 3.25 inch rough country lift do i have to extend brake lines, track bar location? etc.. Will my geometry get funky at that height? already planning on hd track bars front and rear, eventually. Any input would be appreciated. Keeping her on 35's only. Don't want to re-gear this one, yet.

Longer driveshafts, adjustable control arms, longer brake hoses. You can run 35's as long as you have 4.10 gears and you'll have to recalibrate your speedometer. Don't buy a junk Rough Country lift unless you want a rough riding lift, spend a couple dollars more and do it right the first time.

Longer driveshafts, adjustable control arms, longer brake hoses. You can run 35's as long as you have 4.10 gears and you'll have to recalibrate your speedometer. Don't buy a junk Rough Country lift unless you want a rough riding lift, spend a couple dollars more and do it right the first time.
Longer driveshafts at only 3.25" lift? my sahara was sitting on 37's with ease with stock driveshafts. I don't know what lift it was on though. I t had brake line brackets but not extended lines. I bought the sahara already sitting on 35's without rubbing while wheeling and disco'd. So flat fender and 2.5"? lol

Longer driveshafts at only 3.25" lift? my sahara was sitting on 37's with ease with stock driveshafts. I don't know what lift it was on though. I t had brake line brackets but not extended lines. I bought the sahara already sitting on 35's without rubbing while wheeling and disco'd. So flat fender and 2.5"? lol

Have you looked at your front driveshaft where it bolts to the T-case lately?

Reactions: BigAL07
Longer driveshafts, adjustable control arms, longer brake hoses.
I have longer brake lines, but that's it. No problems.
You can run 35's as long as you have 4.10 gears and you'll have to recalibrate your speedometer.
Rubicons have 4.10's by default.
Don't buy a junk Rough Country lift unless you want a rough riding lift, spend a couple dollars more and do it right the first time.
I've got two Rough Country lifts. a 3.25" and a 5". They ride just fine.

Reactions: Hellcat1941
I believe you will need to buy an exhaust extension for the crossover to clear the driveshaft when flexed. If you don’t off-road the exhaust may not need to be modified.

I believe you will need to buy an exhaust extension for the crossover to clear the driveshaft when flexed. If you don’t off-road the exhaust may not need to be modified.
I think this is another "maybe" thing. I've not modified the exhaust in either. But there are certainly setups with more flex than mine.

I have longer brake lines, but that's it. No problems.

Rubicons have 4.10's by default.

I've got two Rough Country lifts. a 3.25" and a 5". They ride just fine.
While searching for a rubi i found 2 used ones that had 3.73 gears.. I thought it was all 4.10 by default but there are odd ball one's. i need to run my vin to see what i got but with the manual and stock tires, first gear is pointless and i usually start off in 2nd.

I think this is another "maybe" thing. I've not modified the exhaust in either. But there are certainly setups with more flex than mine.
I agree. just like the TJ's, you may or may not have to do mods when lifting. lol. My old '03 rubi i had to replace everything, my 98 sahara, not a single mod after lift. lol

This rubi didn't last a day with me. Rock took off that weird plastic air dam and i tested the skid plates. Previous owner took off the rock rails and put plastic steps on. Passenger is already broken off in one spot. lol.