Question about upgrading headlights to H4 bulbs

i saw something on there facebook page not to long ago to also turn on the HID setting. that is to prevent LED "blinking" as they said it. staight from the the jscan facebook page
"
Do you have Jeep JK with aftermarket LED headlights installed? Yes? Do you have problems with blinking? We have solution to that problem.

Go to JScan app and activate set two options to "Active":
- Miscellaneous settings -> LED Quad Headlamps
- Miscellaneous settings -> High Intensity Discharge Lights

When booth options are set to "Active" blinking should be resolved."

It's the LED headlight feature.

Later model JKs had the option of LED headlights from the factory. In order to get around the flickering caused by LEDs and the CANBUS system, Jeep added a parameter in the PCM that would allow the dealers to enable it for LED headlights.

Once enabled, the flickering goes away. I added the factory Mopar LED headlights to my JK (it came with halogens), which then caused the annoying flicker. I used the J-Scan app to enable enable the LED headlight option, and the flicker went away!

HIDs wouldn't need it, as they don't run of super low voltage like LEDs do.

So my 2008 probably does not have this feature I am guessing - but I will check. I just ordered the JSCAN app as well.

Will start another thread with apologies to JimNH . . . . . but, my question is the same as Jim's initial question.
My wife has an '08 JK Sahara with the anemic OEM headlights, and the mandatory DRL as we live in Canada.
What she wants are halogens . . . . something like glass Hella H4's or equivalent. She doesn't want LED's of any kind.
Will the 7" Hella fit in the JK light pot?
Wiring adapter needed?
Thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you to JimNH :)

No worries - we are all here to learn. I have been looking into all my options, including Halogen and HID. I think with Halogen, you might really want to run a straight to the battery harness - better voltage to bulbs = brighter bulbs. The reflectors in the stock lights with the H13 will be brighter if you buy the brighter Sylvania bulbs and make/buy the harness, but the general consensus is that new H4 reflector/housings like the Hellas would be a good plan. I can't recommend the Hella's or any other from experience, of course, but the Hella E-Code (?) seems highly regarded, as are the KC HiLite 42302.

My LED's arrived today. Tested them on the bench - hoo boy - very bright! I now have weekend plans!

I installed the LED with Halo lights today - pretty straightforward. I did use the CANBUS anti flicker modules, and have not played around with the JScan app yet. I did not get as far as installing the LED fogs, but I will get there. Wondering if it's easier just to remove the bumper. I installed the halo running light (white) and blinker (amber) to the power and flasher wires for the flashers just below the headlamps - no reason to home run back to the fuse box. I watched videos showing both strategies, and wiring them to the nearby indicator light was clean and easy. I briefly tested them before buttoning up and they are very bright, but I am not sure if they will have to be re-aimed. I don't want to blind anyone.

IMG_3888.jpg

Headlights: SYLVANIA H13/9008 SilverStar Ultra Halogen brightest headlight bulbs on the market

Note: Good luck with snow build up on your housings.. Draw back to owning LED's they don't melt the snow. Then if you add those heated LED things.. LED's typically don't like to be heated so their lifetime would be cut short.

I actually bought the silver stars and then returned them. the snow thing is def a trade off...