Purchasing a new PCM

chrispeel2001

I have a 2007 3.8l v6 wrangler unlimited. A few months ago my check engine light came on. The code was high temp with the o2 sensors. I replaced all 4 and the check engine light never went off.

I took it to a repair place. They first updated the program for the PCM. That seemed to work but as soon as I left the check engine light came back on.

The tech said the next step is to replace the PCM.

1) does that sound correct?

2) does this sound like it could be something else?

3) I also have a fuel leak ans they tried to charge me $500 for a new fuel line. I found them online for anywhere between $113 to $170. My concern is they will try to jack up parts price on a new PCM which I've found can start around $300 and go over $1000

Any thoughts?

I also have a 07. Check out video from South Main Auto on the G104 ground repair. I had one sensor do that and had it repaired. Heated circuit high. All 4 are connected on that ground and is in a horrible place. If heater circuits grounds are showing bad on the sensors that could be your issue. Just a thought 🍺🍺

I also have a 07. Check out video from South Main Auto on the G104 ground repair. I had one sensor do that and had it repaired. Heated circuit high. All 4 are connected on that ground and is in a horrible place. If heater circuits grounds are showing bad on the sensors that could be your issue. Just a thought 🍺🍺
You may have saved my butt. The codes it was throwing were for all four sensors. Going to check on the grounds and see.

X2. The dreaded G104 ground lug on the passenger side engine block. Had the same issue (codes) with my pre heat mode on the O2 sensors. Think it is the ground for the EGR and back up lamps as well. Like South Main Auto videos. I watched him replace a relay for that pain in the Ass TIPM. He had it all apart like the Lego I played with in the 60s. LOL

Well, that doesn't seem to have done been the problem. The grounds looked OK but I replaced them as suggested buy the video. When I look at the live data bank 1 sensor1 and Bank 2 sensor 1 seem to be working fine. But bank1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 are maxed out at 1.27 volts and don't move. Any suggestions?

Damn that blows. When I did mine it was bank 1 sensor 2 that was screwed and maxed out and my buddy ran a separate wire and bypassed the G104 and fixed it. No problem since. What type sensors did use for replacement?

Last edited:
Damn that blows. When I did mine it was bank 1 sensor 2 that was screwed and maxed out and my buddy ran a separate wire and bypassed the G104 and fixed it. No problem since. What type sensors did use for replacement?
Did live data today and all 4 sensors are working but I'm still getting the high temp codes. Used NTK sensors from O'Reilly. Maybe the pcm after all?

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Could be a guess. Electrical is way over my pay grade. I’m sure u probably did the ecm reset to learn the new parts. Good luck brother and let us know how u fix it because I’m sure u will🍺🍺