Price for JK Rubicon axles

JBJK

Supporting Member
I know of a set of JK Rubicon takeoff axles sitting on a pallet in a guy's garage. I have a JK sport model that I'm slowly doing a build on and for my needs, swapping my stock axles with the Rubicon axles would check a lot of boxes: Gearing, e-lockers, etc. The owner wants me to make an offer but I have no idea what they are worth. I'm told that they have 37,000 miles before take off. No off road but the rig run 37" wheels. I have no idea, frankly. A thousand bucks each?

If it has gears for running the 37's then it would be a good deal.
It has the stock gears. I don't intend (presently) to run any bigger than 35s so I assume the 4.10 gearing would be sufficient

It has the stock gears. I don't intend (presently) to run any bigger than 35s so I assume the 4.10 gearing would be sufficient

4.10's will be ok for 35's as long as it isn't used for hill climbing.

What's the reason you need them for the different gearing?

If you have those gears and want to put 35's on then it would be worth it.
Yeah, you can probably recoup some money from your axles as well. Seems like $1000/EA is more than fair. Not sure what it takes to get the lockers working... Maybe just the correct electrical trigger??

Reactions: BLACKJKU
@JBJK here is a listing on Marketplace from a well known reseller in Indiana, just for reference:

Screenshot_20240523-175029.png

I really really doubt you have 35" wheels.
The rubber bit is called a tire.
The metal bit the tire mounts on and which is mounted to the vehicle is called a wheel.
The circular metal lip that forms the outermost portion of the wheel is called a rim.

Words have meanings for a reason...

Give them time probably someone will be making 35" wheels, I think they make 24" now.

• Haha
Reactions: tJKrider
I am not sure on pricing, but it my opinion it is worth it for the right price. Get the 44 upfront and lockers. I have 4.10 on my JKU and plan on putting 35’s on. I think they will do fine for my use. I may be wrong but I think having the 6sp manual has some benefits. Easy enough to change gears.

I am not sure on pricing, but it my opinion it is worth it for the right price. Get the 44 upfront and lockers. I have 4.10 on my JKU and plan on putting 35’s on. I think they will do fine for my use. I may be wrong but I think having the 6sp manual has some benefits. Easy enough to change gears.

The best thing about having a Manual trans is you don't have to worry about going into limp mode.