Picking up this beauty at 4:30 today

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Yes I know, this is the JK forum, but just had to share with my “friends”. I’ve been looking around and ended up finding this beauty. One time owner, 112,000 miles, 6sp. They claim they primarily used to travel from their place in the Auburn area to their cabin at Shasta Lake. The underside is really clean, no rust, no really noticeable damage from off-roading. Has on-board air through the AC compressor, I know people use to do that with the YJ’s. 32” x 11.5” tires on it. Hs spacers so new rims will be a fast upgrade. Still keeping our JK’s this will be a toy (and yes for wheeling), but with less the 13K of them made, had to go for it.

IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0956.jpeg

Looks super clean. Bonus with the winch , AEV lift & skid plates.
Sorry not all that familiar with anything before JK's.
Would that be a TJ? I'm assuming 4 litre engine.
Did the older Rubicons come with locking front & rear diffs?

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Yes it is a TJ, unlimited. Yes they came with lockers. It will need a engine / tranny skid, doesn’t seem like a lot of options out there. I will have to investigate the options on lift, doesn’t look like AEV has a lift. I’ve got some learning to do for the TJ. It is clean, even on the inside. Not sure what I’ll do with the winch, I can’t recall the brand but it was name I haven’t heard of. Sounds like to go larger then 33’s it it cost a lot of money and seems like 2” lift may be the max without a lot of extra cost. I’ll be exploring the sister TJ forum.

Yes it is a TJ, unlimited. Yes they came with lockers. It will need a engine / tranny skid, doesn’t seem like a lot of options out there. I will have to investigate the options on lift, doesn’t look like AEV has a lift. I’ve got some learning to do for the TJ. It is clean, even on the inside. Not sure what I’ll do with the winch, I can’t recall the brand but it was name I haven’t heard of. Sounds like to go larger then 33’s it it cost a lot of money and seems like 2” lift may be the max without a lot of extra cost. I’ll be exploring the sister TJ forum.
Its an LJ, oops

Reactions: Danarch
Front license plate frame indicates he/she was/is a Naval aviator. That part of the state, I'm guessing NAS Lemoore or possibly Alameda, but I doubt the latter.
Lemoore is mostly attack squadrons, fighters and bombers (F/A-18s and A-6s). Now they're all F/A-18s and F-22s.

Their son was in the AF. I don’t think they said where, but had the frame to support him. The owner himself is retired police officer.

Outstanding! I've missed out on several over the years, and they aren't getting easier to find... IIRC, it's "technically" still a TJ just a TJ unlimited since LJ was never an official designation - just like JK & JK Unlimited. But everyone knows it's a Teej. :)
Have you spent time on the TJ forum? I started there first and came over here. Much more active forum.

Reactions: JK_OWNER_
Outstanding! I've missed out on several over the years, and they aren't getting easier to find... IIRC, it's "technically" still a TJ just a TJ unlimited since LJ was never an official designation - just like JK & JK Unlimited. But everyone knows it's a Teej. :)
Have you spent time on the TJ forum? I started there first and came over here. Much more active forum.
Tj forum is awesome, and yeah, I just released that they were officially called TJU (LJ) so you are right, especially, Mr. Blaine is a genius guy up there, he knows everything about Tj and LJ (TJU)

Thank you, we almost lost this one. In over a year it was the only Rubicon I came across. Yup i am on the TJ forum, great group of people, very active, I can’t hardly keep up on post over there. I am loving it so far, finally took it jeeping today and had a blast.

Reactions: JK_OWNER_
Thank you, we almost lost this one. In over a year it was the only Rubicon I came across. Yup i am on the TJ forum, great group of people, very active, I can’t hardly keep up on post over there. I am loving it so far, finally took it jeeping today and had a blast.
Wildman (if i spelled his username correct) is 24/7 on a forum (lol), so u get ur question answered pretty quick

Reactions: Danarch