Oil leak

Conmar713

CD5526AB-62F7-45A3-AFFA-959EC77CEEBC.jpeg
9E6472B5-8314-427D-80CB-AA947B15CE55.jpeg

Having trouble with an oil leak, it’s not the oil cooler or rear main seal. Any ideas?

Have you replaced the oil cooler and maybe not have cleaned all the oil off the engine?

I would say buy a couple cans of brake cleaner and spray the area good and then watch it real close to see if you can find where it's coming from. Maybe just start it up and let it run without driving it and see if you can find the leak. When you drive the Jeep it could blow the oil from one area to another and it will make it hard to find the leak.

Reactions: BigAL07
Have you replaced the oil cooler and maybe not have cleaned all the oil off the engine?

I would say buy a couple cans of brake cleaner and spray the area good and then watch it real close to see if you can find where it's coming from. Maybe just start it up and let it run without driving it and see if you can find the leak. When you drive the Jeep it could blow the oil from one area to another and it will make it hard to find the leak.
I replaced the oil cooler back in February, cleaned the area out nicely, made sure I got a good seal when putting the new one on. I will use some break clean and see if I can find the source. Will return if I can’t solve the issue. Thank you both for your help for now.

I replaced the oil cooler back in February, cleaned the area out nicely, made sure I got a good seal when putting the new one on. I will use some break clean and see if I can find the source. Will return if I can’t solve the issue. Thank you both for your help for now.

Let us know if you find out so we can see who was right. LOL