O2 Sensor Heater Issue

lps83

Hi guys,

I'm trying to track down an O2 Sensors heater issue ( P0135 & P0155 ). I tried pretty much everything! The wiring is correct, same for the ground and new sensors. ( Walkers )

Anything I should look for ? This car is a project, I have no history about it. I already changed the PCM due to an injection issue; but it is the only idea I have ...

Thanks for your help

2011 - 3.8L
IMG_1797.PNG

IMG_1799.PNG

Last edited:
I would suggest using OEM sensors. NTK. Jeeps just don’t like the off brands. Also check the G104 ground location. Notorious for causing problems. Good luck. 🍺🍺

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Unfortunately, it didn't change anything! Same code!
I got my ECU from Ares; the last thing I can do is reach out and see if they can help me.

Have you looked at a wiring diagram to follow the wires so you know where to check for a problem?

Where did u buy the NTK sensors from? I got some from eBay once that where garbage. I should have known better. They were way to cheap 🍺🍺

Reactions: lps83
Have u checked your thermostat for proper operation and temp rating? I read that it can cause improper heat up times if it’s stuck or the wrong one is installed and throw both those codes. Just a thought 🍺🍺

Have u checked your thermostat for proper operation and temp rating? I read that it can cause improper heat up times if it’s stuck or the wrong one is installed and throw both those codes. Just a thought 🍺🍺
I saw the previous video. It's a ground problem - apparently common on this car. The engine warms quickly; I believe my thermostat is properly working.
I realized that the catalytic on <2009 models are different. The sensors are way closer to the headers. Since I changed my ECU, that may be the reason. The sensors are correctly heating, but because they are further down in the piping, they don't heat that fast, and that triggers an error code.

Reactions: BigAL07
I have some updates on my problem. I tried an NTK sensor for a 2007 Wrangler ( upstream ), and I'm not getting the error code on this side. The resistor impedance of the 2007 sensors is higher than the 2011 ones.
Now the tricky question is, do I have to re-buy a set of 4 sensors for a 2007, or I try to get an ECU for a 2011? I'm in California; I will have to pass the smog ...

Thanks for your help ( and support! )

Reactions: BigAL07