Novak Transfer Case Linkage Bushing upgrade.

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used these as a replacement for the stock transfer case bushing replacement? Looks like a decent option and the sons 2007 bushings went out, but cable seems fine.

https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/shifters/jk-cable-shifter-upgrade-kit

068C6319-9E54-4FEA-8645-99D84B625B01.jpeg

Boy, for the price that looks to be a pretty solid upgrade. It's been awhile since I've had to replace those bushings. Hadn't seen this one before.

Reactions: BigAL07
What year is yours? I think I found the stock part number but one place says it fits and another spot states it doesn’t fit. Except this system looks pretty good overall.

That’s the part I found. When I select the specific Jeep states it doesn’t fit, but the bottom of the site list it as fitting. It’s his Jeep so I’ll let him decide what he wants to do. Personally I’d try the Novak one.

CC5B1B47-ABDD-4528-AD1A-A71E6BB1DF64.jpeg

Reactions: BigAL07 and JerryD
Don’t know if it’s any help to you but I replaced my tranny bushing and my shifter bushing with Dorman 14055 off the Dorman help rack at autozone years ago and still holding fine. Also fits transfer also. 07 Rubi. 13 bucks if your in a pinch for time. That upgrade does look solid🍺🍺

Reactions: JerryD
Don’t know if it’s any help to you but I replaced my tranny bushing and my shifter bushing with Dorman 14055 off the Dorman help rack at autozone years ago and still holding fine. Also fits transfer also. 07 Rubi. 13 bucks if your in a pinch for time. That upgrade does look solid🍺🍺
I think I've got a couple of the Dorman ones loose in my glovebox as spares. I used the mopar ones and the dorman's seemed to be just as good.

Interesting, I contacted Dorman as I thought that was the part number and they responded that for the transfer case they didn’t have a bushing but only sold the entire cable assembly.

Do you know if there is a difference in the bushing between the transmission and transfer case?

Don’t know your model. Mine is a 07. They fit every thing. If I remember correctly there is maybe 4 in each pack. 2 exactly like stock and 2 with the nipples. (Did I say nipple) lol. They will all work. I bought 2 packs so would have spares for myself or someone else in need🍺🍺

• Haha
Reactions: Danarch
Thanks, his is a 2007 also, Sahara. Yes we pulled the console off when we were stuck in the mountains in 4L! It was “fine” till we moved it around a little and the plastic piece disintegrated. The actual problem was the underneath at the transfer case. I managed to get my hand up in there and slip it on enough to get it back to 2WD. It was still on when we got home. Here is a picture of it. So both ends need to be replaced.
31865A29-CFF8-4546-B5A7-9BCEC9B0FD09.jpeg

10-4 I didn’t do that particular one. Did the one end up at the shifter while I was doing both end of the tranny shift cable. I would suggest doing it too while u got the console out. As u know by now that’s a pain lol. Mine didn’t go completely out on me. I was getting the no start deal where I had to push up on the shifter to start it. Under the advice of BLACKJKU I changed out both ends and that took care of that issue. Guess I owe that man several beers when I get up his way one of these days🍺 he has helped me many times 🍺🍺 I’m pretty sure all those ends are the same because the other three are. Good luck my friend

Thank you. If the three are the same I also suspect the fourth would be too. Plus from memory it looked the same, of course I was laying in snow / mud and had dirty snow water falling into my face at the time!

More like I didn’t want to drive home, find a flatbed trailer drive back up there to tow it home. Plus had to let the kid know old dad still knows something and is useful 😂😂😂