Not my first Jeep, but my first Wrangler

liaztraht

Been in Cherokees mostly. Last "Cherokee" was an '11 liberty.

After that liberty was totaled, I managed to find a 4 door Wrangler in my budget that wasn't an absolute mess. And down in Southern Oregon, if it's got 4wd and doesn't have "unique" mods, any rig goes for way above blue book.

Managed to snag an 09 JKU without major problems. And although I'm already repairing it, it feels more worthwhile than another rig who's aftermarket parts are becoming more unobtainable.

New ball joints, control arms, and tie rods were installed by the selling dealer. I replaced the drag link and steering damper to correct the horribly floaty steering. New thermostat to replace the leaky one. Tightened down the suspension and it rides great now. Still need to adjust toe in.

All that's left for immediate repair is an exhaust leak (broken stud) and leaky trans pan gasket.

It's already lifted 2" and on metric 34's. May be regeared, but haven't confirmed. Flat fenders, aftermarket bumper, and winch already on it. Future changes will include new shocks and springs, about the same ride height, but on my preferred brand of OME. Cosmetic stuff will get changed, and I need to remove all the punisher skulls all over it.

I'm amazed at how easy and enjoyable these are to work on, and I look forward to learning more, and building it out how I would like.

20230621_190950.jpg