No start 2010 JKU

Lemons890

Hi,
I’ve got a 2010 JKU with about 140k miles. Currently having issues with her starting. Was running fine last night with no issues. Woke up in the morning and was completely dead. Checked the battery with no leads connected came up about 13 volts. Once i connected the leads to the battery volts dropped to 10ish volts. Checked the alternator as well, voltage was normal. I get something is pulling power somehow but i cant imagine what it is. All lights are off no keys in the ignition so i dont know what could be pulling the power

I have tried jumping it from my other vehicle and no dice on it starting. Please help

Last edited:
Do you still have the Junk Factory battery clamps on it? If so put some nice HD clamps on.

Does your dash lights come on when you turn the key to run?

Do you have a CEL?

Do you still have the Junk Factory battery clamps on it? If so put some nice HD clamps on.

Does your dash lights come on when you turn the key to run?

Do you have a CEL?
Check Engine is on. But only for the EVAP system. Dash and internal lights come on and radio comes on, but dash lights flicker

I replaced my TIPM about 7 months ago and my PCM was replaced about a year and some change ago

My OEM battery clamps had not failed yet. But I replaced them anyways with some solid Marine clamps. Cause for over three years plus, I have lost count how many times Blackie raised the question. All Good

Issue has been solved… the night prior to the vehicle dying I drove a back road home and ran some aftermarket KC lights that I had not used often and did not install (the came with the vehicle when I bought it). I’m guessing the person who installed them didn’t route the power correctly and drained the battery entirely. So I swapped the battery and alls good now

Issue has been solved… the night prior to the vehicle dying I drove a back road home and ran some aftermarket KC lights that I had not used often and did not install (the came with the vehicle when I bought it). I’m guessing the person who installed them didn’t route the power correctly and drained the battery entirely. So I swapped the battery and alls good now

Did you hook up switch correctly so doesn’t drain new battery ?