New to Wrangler and looking for some guidance.

LINDENMUTHK

Howdy! New to Wrangler. Car gal for more years than I will reveal. Run a local cars n coffee and am also a Subi gal. Bought a 2015 Wrangler sport and love it but couple of questions. The seats suck and so does the horn. It’s CA so damn Prius’s in the way and the horn is a sissy. Suggestions for those two? . Rest is dialed in and I co owned a 96 Cherokee so know good places to get stuff. Also locking gas cap suggestions? (Again it’s CA so you trust no one). Appreciate the guidance. Not sure how long I will have her since I am not staying CA but want to enjoy her and life.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Last edited:
Unfortunately, jeep seats are rarely something to write home about, especially if you are used to the highly customizable ones in many modern cars today.

There are so many... so many, aftermarket seats for wranglers. I can't speak to the quality or comfort of any of them though.

How about pictures, also of the Jeep.

BBD2D5A8-7049-4C81-9C7E-42F1561E990E.jpeg

Unfortunately, jeep seats are rarely something to write home about, especially if you are used to the highly customizable ones in many modern cars today.

There are so many... so many, aftermarket seats for wranglers. I can't speak to the quality or comfort of any of them though.
I figured there are many. I have warranty and having dealer look at the seat that won’t adjust. At least it’s not me lol

Reactions: mrjp
Nice looking almost blank canvas!
You get out your checkbook and we'll be more than happy to help you spend your money!

Up near Sacto?

Reactions: LINDENMUTHK
Nice looking almost blank canvas!
You get out your checkbook and we'll be more than happy to help you spend your money!

Up near Sacto?
Yes near Sac. Not keeping it long as not staying in CA, so only putting a bit in her. I Need the wind…Had an H2 for years and love my WRX but nothing beats topless and this year suxs so topless and wind is coming

Yes near Sac. Not keeping it long as not staying in CA, so only putting a bit in her. I Need the wind…Had an H2 for years and love my WRX but nothing beats topless and this year suxs so topless and wind is coming
Too bad you're not keeping her.
Anyway, the resale market for JKs is great right now. Be sure to check auto trader, edmunds, etc. and get a good idea what the comparable sales numbers are, because what you think it may be worth and what you can get for it may be very different... in your favor.

Locking gas cap- you can spend $15 or $100... this Chrysler replacement is the low end: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094JLJ556/?tag=jkforum-20

Too bad you're not keeping her.
Anyway, the resale market for JKs is great right now. Be sure to check auto trader, edmunds, etc. and get a good idea what the comparable sales numbers are, because what you think it may be worth and what you can get for it may be very different... in your favor.

Locking gas cap- you can spend $15 or $100... this Chrysler replacement is the low end: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094JLJ556/?tag=jkforum-20
You are correct. I have already been offered 35k for her. Only 58k miles..,I know I gotta take the rear seat out. No need for it and I want the room. Sure there is a You Tube for that … I am enjoying it much more than the Cherokee. I think it needs the stabilizer bar for the front, the smitty winch is heavy and got a wee bit of nose dip. 😇

Reactions: Anybodyhome
You are correct. I have already been offered 35k for her. Only 58k miles..,I know I gotta take the rear seat out. No need for it and I want the room. Sure there is a You Tube for that … I am enjoying it much more than the Cherokee. I think it needs the stabilizer bar for the front, the smitty winch is heavy and got a wee bit of nose dip. 😇
I must be able to get 100k for mine then. 😂😂

Reactions: LINDENMUTHK
Take the Jeep with you when you move.

That's a good looking rig!
Who knows. I’d like to do a few things with it but can’t go crazy. It’s kind of a therapy vehicle. Going to a friend to install headlights and grab bars and get that rear seat out. It sure is fun though!

You don't need to go crazy. Enjoy your Jeep for what it is and let the modifications, if any, come naturally according to your experience.

Drive before modifying. Gas before gadgets.
Amen to that. Can’t afford to go crazy. Did that with my Subi.