New to the forum: here's my ride

Very outstanding project undertaking! Reading your profile page on the mods & specs, I had a double take, and had to have another home brew. I thought a Time Machine abducted me, and put me back to work in Aerospace/Military Repair & Overhaul. NCO in the US means Non Commission Officer?

Reactions: Team Nacho JK
Very outstanding project undertaking! Reading your profile page on the mods & specs, I had a double take, and had to have another home brew. I thought a Time Machine abducted me, and put me back to work in Aerospace/Military Repair & Overhaul. NCO in the US means Non Commission Officer?
Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have made the move from JDM to the offroad and Jeep community! Yep! I'm a Non Commissioned Officer (Sergeant for now, pinning Staff Sergeant this year). The aerospace industry? Outstanding!

So, Nacho is driving MUCH better with all of the joints replaced. Will be hitting Bulls Gap, TN 8-11 Oct. Looking forward to seeing you there!
IMG_20201001_223114_470.jpg

IMG_20201001_223114_464.jpg

Nice Rig.. I got a few questions about the CAT delete systyem you have, did my TJ and woke it up significantly

Hey sorry I'm just now seeing this! What's up? I usually try to keep my cats as long as they're good, but after 2 replacements- I ended up just cutting them out lol

Update:

Took Nacho out to Uwharrie National Forest and ran the entire mountain to include Dickey Bell (Trail of Honor). This thing performs better than I thought it would. With wheeling comes a price, and Uwharrie left me with a bent tie rod. Thankfully, I was able to warranty it but will be looking at upgrading to RPM's 2.5 ton aluminum set up. My father in law is running an aluminum tie rod and he didn't bend where I did, so that wrapped up that decision for me. Next up is finalizing the braking system (Crown's big brake kit, brake booster and lines), along with Metalcloak's rear quarter panel armor. Looking like it'll be Ramen noodles so that J can start saving up for a cage, seats and harnesses. I'm extremely satisfied with the Falken Wildpeak M/T's and will likely be running those in 37's.
20201030_212226.jpg
20201017_010901.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Thank you! I'm in Greenville, SC
Work puts me over your way in February- I'd love to link up!
Anytime buddy, it ain't far so come by anytime. Maybe I can help you figure out some extra stretch. If your working this way in Feb that works too, since I will be working to get this thing done by spring. I may be cutting my upper coil buckets out if you want to use them, that is if you are sticking with springs. You can relocate with them. PM me when you want to head over this way.

Reactions: Team Nacho JK
Anytime buddy, it ain't far so come by anytime. Maybe I can help you figure out some extra stretch. If your working this way in Feb that works too, since I will be working to get this thing done by spring. I may be cutting my upper coil buckets out if you want to use them, that is if you are sticking with springs. You can relocate with them. PM me when you want to head over this way.

Oh man, that'd be great! I really appreciate it! Hopefully by February I'll have my hydro assist. I think for now, I'll be keeping springs and coils until I'm at my final weight to start calculating for coilovers. I'll be keeping you in mind as February draws closer! Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to seeing your rig too!

N

NICE!!! I want to head out to Moab and wheel! The terrin is completely different from the Southeast
Yes, it's totally different! You can't use tons of HP because the slickrock has so much traction, you can snap an axle really quick. It's all slow and steady. You can crawl up almost vertically. Have fun if you make it out there!

Yes, it's totally different! You can't use tons of HP because the slickrock has so much traction, you can snap an axle really quick. It's all slow and steady. You can crawl up almost vertically. Have fun if you make it out there!
I really appreciate it! Fingers crossed, I'll be out that way this summer!