New to the forum: here's my ride

Team Nacho JK

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey everyone! New to this forum and still learning to navigate it. Thought I'd share my ride and talk with like minded individuals.

Here's My 2008 JK X Build Sheet:

INTAKE

K&N Cold Air Intake

EXHAUST
Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Cat and Resonator Delete

DRIVETRAIN
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited Front Axle
Carolina Driveline 1350 Front/Rear Driveshafts
CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch Set
CenterForce Heavy Duty Flywheel
Yukon 4.88 Gears (Front & Rear)
B&M Short Throw Shifter

B&M Precision Gear Selector

BRAKES
Duralast Gold Pads & Rotors
Metalcloak 26" Steel Braided Brake Lines

WHEELS & TIRES
35" Falken Wildpeak M/T (5)
17x9 -12mm Offset (4.5BS) Pro Comp RockCrawler 51 Steelies (5)

SUSPENSION
Rubicon Express 3.5" Suspension Lift
Rubicon Express HD Adjustable Track Bar
Core 4X4 Tier 3 Adjustable Control Arms
CavFab 1Ton Tie Rod
CavFab 1Ton Drag Link
JKS Quicker Sway Bar Link Disconnects

Dynatrac Extreme Duty Rebuildable Ball Joints

LIGHTING
Sunpie 7" LED Headlights
MicTuning Amber LED Cube Light Kit (2)
MicTuning 8pc Rock Light Kit
AuxBeam 3" LED Cube Light Kit (2)

CORSAIR Led Interior Lighting

EXTERIOR
RedRock 4x4 Stubby Front Bumper
SmittyBilt X20 10k Winch
Barricade Offroad Side Steps
Mopar Full Width Steel Rear Bumper
SkullKrushers Offroad Front Fender Liners & Gas Cap
OR Fab HD Spare Tire Mount
Bestop TrekTop NX
JCR Front Fender Deletes
SmittyBilt Oil Pan & Transmission Skid Plate

GS Power A Pillar Cube Light Brackets

INTERIOR
Herculiner Coated Tub
ParaGrip Grab Straps
ParaGrip Door Limiting Straps
NRG Innovations SRK 171-H Short Hub
NRG Innovations SRH Gen II Quick Release Hub
NRG Innovations RST-012R 320mm Steering Wheel

ApolloIntech Pro Switch Panel

OTHER
Cobra 75 CB Radio
FireStick 5' Tunable CB Antenna
Quadratec Mirror Relocation Kit
HiLift 48" Recovery Jack
HiLift Tubular Mount
GearAmerica HD Mega Shackles Front & Rear

GearAmerica Ultimate Recovery Kit

I'm still in the process of replacing a lot of components- I bought cheap stuff up front (bumpers, lights, etc.) since it's my first Jeep ever, and now that I've got a little experience off-roading and figured out what I like/don't like, we're upgrading yet again.

Future plans are: PR60 in the rear, new suspension & air bumps, 10" stretch, re-gear to 5.13/5.38, new powerplant, and roll on some 40's.

Thanks for taking time to read this! Please share your builds as well!

IMG_20200413_215249_569.jpg

IMG_20200418_200644_689.jpg

IMG_20200323_125630_649.jpg

Great looking JK man, love that it's a 2-door too!

Yellow is a great color that you don't see enough of.

Can't wait to see it with a stretch. Are you kicking the front and rear out both 5"?

Reactions: Barry
Thanks! I'm a little bit of a purist at heart, but I'm in the market for a JKU to fit my family in as well. I rarely see any yellow JKs where I live, so I thought, why not? I appreciate the kind words!

As far as the stretch goes, I'm thinking one of two options:
1.) The Jeep Works ltd. 10" stretch kit
Or
2.) 6" or 8" rear stretch and 4"or 2" in the front

Getting that steering geometry up front is going to be the tricky part without full hydro.

Great looking JK man, love that it's a 2-door too!

Yellow is a great color that you don't see enough of.

Can't wait to see it with a stretch. Are you kicking the front and rear out both 5"?
Thanks!

Reactions: Speartip
Thanks! I'm a little bit of a purist at heart, but I'm in the market for a JKU to fit my family in as well. I rarely see any yellow JKs where I live, so I thought, why not? I appreciate the kind words!

As far as the stretch goes, I'm thinking one of two options:
1.) The Jeep Works ltd. 10" stretch kit
Or
2.) 6" or 8" rear stretch and 4"or 2" in the front

Getting that steering geometry up front is going to be the tricky part without full hydro.

Thanks!

I agree, that stretch is a huge project, but when properly done right, a 10" stretch on a 2-door is going to be the best setup you can get. You'll be much better off than you would be with a JKU as your approach and departure angles will be superb.

Full hydro or hydro assist? Sounds like you're building this thing to be really badass 😲

Thanks! I've got a tapped OEM box right now, and am seriously considering just the PSC hydro assist kit since I still want to daily it for a few years and managed to keep my clock spring in tact while installing the short hub and QD steering wheel.

I think a stretched JK is money in the bank. My wife loves off-roading and we do a lot of camping as well. Thinking a JKU for her (built with my older parts) and my JK as a daily until I figure something out lol.

The biggest thing for me on the JKL stretch is how labor intensive and specialized it is. I've only seen 2 shops, one in FL, the other in TN, that does them. With that being said, I think the 6 to 8" stretch in the rear will be plenty, and 2-4" in the front will help with approach angles. Just bought a Hobart 210 welder to start fabbing up my own stuff. Will definitely keep the updates posted here!

I agree, that stretch is a huge project, but when properly done right, a 10" stretch on a 2-door is going to be the best setup you can get. You'll be much better off than you would be with a JKU as your approach and departure angles will be superb.

Full hydro or hydro assist? Sounds like you're building this thing to be really badass 😲

Thanks! I've got a tapped OEM box right now, and am seriously considering just the PSC hydro assist kit since I still want to daily it for a few years and managed to keep my clock spring in tact while installing the short hub and QD steering wheel.

I think a stretched JK is money in the bank. My wife loves off-roading and we do a lot of camping as well. Thinking a JKU for her (built with my older parts) and my JK as a daily until I figure something out lol.

The biggest thing for me on the JKL stretch is how labor intensive and specialized it is. I've only seen 2 shops, one in FL, the other in TN, that does them. With that being said, I think the 6 to 8" stretch in the rear will be plenty, and 2-4" in the front will help with approach angles. Just bought a Hobart 210 welder to start fabbing up my own stuff. Will definitely keep the updates posted here!

If you want to daily it, hydro assist would be the way to go, no question about it.

I agree, the stretch you are talking about takes a lot of labor and skill, and there's only a few places that you could probably trust to do it right. Still, any stretch you can get will be beneficial.The approach and depart angles will definitely be greatly improved.

I look forward to following the progress if you posted updates!

Reactions: Team Nacho JK
UPDATE: the front is pushed 1" so far, waiting on track bar frame side mounts and my PSC Hydro Assist with Ram to push that front end another 2"... looking at AccuTune for weld on coilover brackets and a dialed in front suspension. May have to replace that Rubicon Express Track bar in order to clear the ORO Swayloc that's also on order. Will be selling my JKS Quick discos as they're entirely too short lol. ANNNDDD the rear is out, but I'll update on that later🤪
IMG_20200814_105425_774.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks! Went ahead and swapped the coils for a 4.5" from 3.5", and upgraded the shocks to 6" for now. Getting ready for the bigger tires. Still have to do something about the brake booster, fuel cell, and rear brake lines. Threw the stock shafts back on to mark up and reference when getting the new distance from yoke to input shaft, F/R.

Alright, so update:

Sitting at 99.5"WB.

We're back on our own weight! Rear is pushed back 3"-will need to get new brackets and track bar for the rear axle, along with cutting the axle shock brackets and moving them up.

Still have to install the new shocks (pictured are the old ones, new ones should be here Wednesday). Also have to get drag link, steering box and ram brackets for the front (getting it prepped for a sturdy 3 link with the front pushed another 2").

For now it's driving well, the new coils make a world of difference and I'm pretty happy with where we're at. 37's are next and figuring out how I want to set the rear up in 21/22.

Keeping the 44R for now. We'll see how the flanges hold up.

Looks like I have some minor cutting and I've got to get rid of my God awful rear bumper.

More pictures once the new shocks are on. Cheers
Screenshot_20200913-161829_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20200913-203723_Files.jpg

Nice build man. The front stretch is definitely a lot of work after 1.5" I just went 1.5" up front and 16" stretch in the rear on my 2 door
Thank you and sweet rig yourself! Yeah, trying to plan this 3 link with pushing the front is proving to be a lot more than I bargained for. 16" in the rear?! Sweet!!

Yea the front is definitely labor intensive. I'm both 3 link and 4 link up front. Slow crawling ill remove the passenger upper. Super fast bouncer style ill put it back to 4 link lol. And yea 16" is a lot. I was just shooting for 111" wheelbase. Handles very well on and offroad. This is my daily jeep and weekend warrior.

FB_IMG_1495374318781-1.jpg

Thank you and sweet rig yourself! Yeah, trying to plan this 3 link with pushing the front is proving to be a lot more than I bargained for. 16" in the rear?! Sweet!!
If clearance is what your trying to achieve in the front. Id recommend just chopping the front frame in 3 or 4" Thats what i did and it helps with those approach angles. Best picture i have as a side view.

IMG_20200910_095415_362.jpg

If clearance is what your trying to achieve in the front. Id recommend just chopping the front frame in 3 or 4" Thats what i did and it helps with those approach angles. Best picture i have as a side view.

View attachment 116683

The fact that it's your daily is inspiring- my JK is my daily as well and I'm wanting to achieve similar goals. I've been contemplating the frame chop bumpers for quite some time now (Motobilt, VKS, possibly Genright). It looks like your winch is recessed which is a huge plus IMO- which bumper is that? Thanks for sharing your rig and the helpful suggestions!

The fact that it's your daily is inspiring- my JK is my daily as well and I'm wanting to achieve similar goals. I've been contemplating the frame chop bumpers for quite some time now (Motobilt, VKS, possibly Genright). It looks like your winch is recessed which is a huge plus IMO- which bumper is that? Thanks for sharing your rig and the helpful suggestions!
I fabbed it myself. The frame is basically boxed in with 1/4" plate. I added 1/4" plate at the bottom about 2inches below the frame. So my winch can sit low to avoid my intercooler. Works out amazing honestly. And yea man I live in texas and Drive the jeep to moab twice a year and hit the extreme trails and drive it home. Best way to do it. Crazy but fun haha.

Reactions: Team Nacho JK
I fabbed it myself. The frame is basically boxed in with 1/4" plate. I added 1/4" plate at the bottom about 2inches below the frame. So my winch can sit low to avoid my intercooler. Works out amazing honestly. And yea man I live in texas and Drive the jeep to moab twice a year and hit the extreme trails and drive it home. Best way to do it. Crazy but fun haha.

Right on! Looks like I'll be putting my new welder to work! Thanks again, man!