New owner with rear noises

I would say that is the purpose of the Sahara badge and always has been. There are a number of other things that have happened over time because they legally can't produce something with TJ simplicity anymore. Much of the tech is required now, as it should be.

The fact that the four door jeep vastly outsells the two door backs up what they have been doing.
I agree with this . It seems from the outside looking in that Jeep is trying to compete the higher end luxury models .
BMW, Lexus, and possibly the G Wagon or other Benz models .
I think the hybrid is a taste of what’s to come . They will come out with a full electric model at some point .
But if they seriously want to compete with the ultra quiet , super comfortable brands we may see the Sahara or 4XE go off in a diff direction . IFS or 4 wheel independent suspension for better road manners and a non removable top to really quiet things up .
It’s funny cause they kinda already have that in the Cherokee but people still want the Wrangler so engineers are busy fig stuff out .
I’m just speculating but I wouldn’t be stunned . Cause let’s face the facts The Jeep Wrangler sells well . I would suggest that 90 percent sold don’t go wheeling. It could be lower in places like Colorado or Utah where off roading is popular . So depends on where you live.
On Vancouver Island there are a ton of Jeep’s . Can count on one hand the number of times seen another wrangler on the trail .
It will be interesting to see how things play out in the next few years .

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp
I agree with this . It seems from the outside looking in that Jeep is trying to compete the higher end luxury models .
BMW, Lexus, and possibly the G Wagon or other Benz models .
I think the hybrid is a taste of what’s to come . They will come out with a full electric model at some point .
But if they seriously want to compete with the ultra quiet , super comfortable brands we may see the Sahara or 4XE go off in a diff direction . IFS or 4 wheel independent suspension for better road manners and a non removable top to really quiet things up .
It’s funny cause they kinda already have that in the Cherokee but people still want the Wrangler so engineers are busy fig stuff out .
I’m just speculating but I wouldn’t be stunned . Cause let’s face the facts The Jeep Wrangler sells well . I would suggest that 90 percent sold don’t go wheeling. It could be lower in places like Colorado or Utah where off roading is popular . So depends on where you live.
On Vancouver Island there are a ton of Jeep’s . Can count on one hand the number of times seen another wrangler on the trail .
It will be interesting to see how things play out in the next few years .
I'll be honest. I'm extremely interested in the Recon. That may change when we learn more, but I'll hold onto either my TJ or JK and then get that, the doors off and easy roof sounds awesome for a daily driver.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip
I'll be honest. I'm extremely interested in the Recon. That may change when we learn more, but I'll hold onto either my TJ or JK and then get that, the doors off and easy roof sounds awesome for a daily driver.
Seen a pic of the Recon a couple weeks ago . Didn’t realize it’s slated for 2024 release . Here’s a little info what is known so far

https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/recon-ev

Seen a pic of the Recon a couple weeks ago . Didn’t realize it’s slated for 2024 release . Here’s a little info what is known so far

https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/recon-ev
Jeep Recon:

1670948136515.png

Ford Bronco:

1670948242551.png

That's what we need, a 2024 Jeep that looks like a 2021 Bronco. Nothing like keeping up with the trends....

That's what we need, a 2024 Jeep that looks like a 2021 Bronco. Nothing like keeping up with the trends....
Nah, If anything the Recon is half way between a modern Cherokee and a Wrangler. Everything from that article is just guessing. The only things known about the Recon is what was said in the video released by Stelantis, our new overlords.

We know nothing about the drive train, price, power, etc, except for the fact that the doors come off, and the roof is retractable, and I think that the rear windows are removable, and that yes, 2024 is the goal. Every other thing you read or hear is the various companies guessing, as is their job.

Got the 285/70R17 tires and new wheels installed, along with the Fox shocks. It didn't help with the noise, but I can tell the ride is a bit softer, and the smaller bumps are slightly more subtle. It could be my imagination. I would definitely not say there are any significant changes in the feel of the ride... it is all subtle at best, but the look is much better to me (opinion). It looks more like what I am accustomed to seeing on a Jeep... and I like the wheel style. I'll share pics when I get a chance.

Moving on to other potential treatments as weather and time permit.