New member from TN with questions

Mario

New to the forum just looking for some tip and tricks as I move forward with my Jeep. I have a 2007 JK Unlimited just started doing a few upgrades and was looking at a few other things as well. Couple years back I put on a new front bumper winch, and Teraflex HD tie rod and drag link. over the last few weeks I put a 4 inch lift on it and 35" tires. I just ordered Teraflex HD ball joints, and I have a rear bumper with tire carrier coming as well. I am planning to do a bit of offroading with it but nothing extreme. Would it be advisable to upgrade the stock axles with the new rubber on it. Has anyone had any issues with Teraflex HD drag link? I am learning as I go but I know I can find a wealth of info from those who came before me. Recommendations, advice, all are welcome. Couple of pics from what it looks like now.
image_50418177.JPG
image_50423297.JPG
image_67191297.JPG

Reactions: Chris
Good looking jeep!
Your stock Dana 44 axles will do just fine with 35s. I'm on my second set of 35s on my stock Dana 30 front axle and I do a good amount of wheeling every year on that setup.

Reactions: mrjp
Thanks guys I like that the first responses are from Indiana I worked for a company in Washington, Paoli, and Evansville back in 05-07 lots of friends there. I searched for the longest time to find the right wheels for my Jeep. I am a retired army helicopter pilot and I am an OD green guy! I found those wheels on extreme terrain website. This is the part number from the website.

J135766-JK - Black Rhino Abrams Olive Drab Green Wheel; 17x9.5

Good looking jeep!
Your stock Dana 44 axles will do just fine with 35s. I'm on my second set of 35s on my stock Dana 30 front axle and I do a good amount of wheeling every year on that setup.

X2 to this. Nothing to worry about with the Dana 44 on 35s.

As far as steering goes, IMHO the best setup out there for factory axles is this one:

As far as steering goes, IMHO the best setup out there for factory axles is this one:

That's the steering setup I went with. I got the aluminum 1 ton kit with drag link flip kit. I also installed a track bar relocation bracket at the same time. I went with the Rough County bracket. I have had this set up on for a few months now and it handles so well I still haven't bothered to put my steering stabilizer back on.

I just got the front aligned after the lift and tires, and I have some problems to solve!! 1. The drag link is turned in as far as it will go and the steering wheel still wont center completely. 2. any bump in the road causes it to shake violently! I am going to shake down the front end to check for any worn suspension components. The lift Kit was from rough country and it came with the relocation brackets for the track bar. I do have new ball joints coming, I know the old ones are very worn which could cause some issues with the larger tires.

Does your lift have the adjustable control arms and the adjustable track bar on front and rear? Most RC lifts don't come with everything that is needed to properly lift a vehicle.

No it did not come with any control arms or track bar. It came with track bar relocation brackets. I have been looking at the adjustable control arms and track bars as well, have not ordered anything yet .

No it did not come with any control arms or track bar. It came with track bar relocation brackets. I have been looking at the adjustable control arms and track bars as well, have not ordered anything yet .

If you don't have the adjustable track bars then your axles won't be centered under the Jeep. How much of a lift did you do?

That's the steering setup I went with. I got the aluminum 1 ton kit with drag link flip kit. I also installed a track bar relocation bracket at the same time. I went with the Rough County bracket. I have had this set up on for a few months now and it handles so well I still haven't bothered to put my steering stabilizer back on.

Yep, those guys are very close to me and they make a damn fine steering setup!

Ok so based on recommendations I ordered a couple extra parts. Still waiting for the steering setup, new ball joints upper and lower control arms have arrived. Also needed a new rear bumper and tire carrier. I have a little work ahead of me!! Other than the lift these are stock pics for comparison once complete.

1CAC9D57-36D2-4CEC-979E-4D91DD2AF62D.jpeg

CFB93A37-5269-466B-AAD6-8A8377153986.jpeg

75114D91-4A34-4B74-BD28-162A96FA3C3B.jpeg

8AB81651-DC54-4AEF-BA2A-C079BF2F8314.jpeg

1DA89E93-96D2-4CA6-B2E7-EF222A17C0E5.jpeg

I do have the drop pitman arm but I have a new steering linkage coming as well.
That’s part of your problem. Put the stock pitman arm back on. You don’t need it with the lower track bar relocation bracket installed.