Needing new tires for JK

c dan cam

I am debating whether to buy Goodyear DuraTrac 255/75R17 or LT285/70R17/D tires for my 2016 wrangler - any suggestions?

I am looking at buying new tires for 2016 Wrangler; 70% highway/gravel roads;30% Jeep trails; interested in comfortable driving but at times need tires to handle snow, ice, and mud. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don’t know about those sizes in particular but I am loving my MT Baja BOSS ATs. Best of both worlds.

36D1696C-4BC1-4CD6-859B-2EB3C6AC4C10.jpeg

4DBA1E15-5B25-484B-B3FB-7C7ABF0A39DE.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp
Really like the BFG K02 . Load range C, 6 ply, LT 285 70R 17. Three Peak rated. Great on road manners and unbelievable traction off road . Read stories about guys saying not good in mud. Have gone threw a bit of mud now and again with zero issues . Would def recommend .

Really like the BFG K02 . Load range C, 6 ply, LT 285 70R 17. Three Peak rated. Great on road manners and unbelievable traction off road . Read stories about guys saying not good in mud. Have gone threw a bit of mud now and again with zero issues . Would def recommend .
I second this. I had Toyo MTs that did last 63k miles and replaced them late last year with BFG K02, which is an AT tire. The difference was astounding. Even with the Toyos aired down a little and the top off, you couldn't hear yourself think and the ride was pretty tough.
The K02s have performed admirably with everything I've thrown at them to this point- gravel, beach sand, axle-deep water and 80mph interstate driving. Could not be happier.
I'm running 35x12.5x18 on MotoMetal 962 Black on a 2.5" lift.

Reactions: Speartip and mrjp
I have had the exact same size duratrac tires on my Rubicon for over 2 years. Mainly highway driving. Smooth quiet ride and excellent traction in the snow. Very good wear and still look brand new

Reactions: JerryD and mrjp
Skinny tires are better in snow. Nothing is good on ice, but the duratracs are excellent tires I have had them on several Jeeps. The only issue I had with them, is with a little bit of chunking inr terrain. What I mean by that is that a piece of the gnarly sidewall broke off on a rock once. I will likely go back to them once these Nitto Trail Grapplers are done.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
My Jeep has KO2's (came with them) and they are really great tires. That being said, I have Yokohama Geolander A/T's on my F-150 and they have been historically the best all around tire I have owned. I have run them on several different vehicles and I have never been disappointed in their performance. I think they also make an X-AT version that is more aggressive than the A/T but less than the M/T.

Reactions: mrjp