Need help with electrical issue

MRTELL101

Having trouble tracking down an electrical issue. 2007 JK keeps going into limp mode ETC light flashing with solid traction control. The code keeps jumping around though. Sometimes it’s a P0340 other times it’s P0344. It was P0405 once. What’s weird is I can get it out of limp mode by disconnecting/reconnecting the coil pack. I’ve already replaced the Camshaft and Crankshaft sensors, the PCM, the EGR, and the coil pack plugs and wires.

Can a weak battery make the code jump around like that? Battery and alternator are about 4 years old.

Yes a weak battery can cause havoc! A poor ground could also be an issue. You should be able to take the Jeep to an auto store they usually will test the battery / charging system for free.

Taking it by tomorrow morning to check. I replaced them myself so I assumed they couldn’t be the problem. Doesn’t feel like it was 4 years ago 😅 Also, I already redid the grounds going into the passenger side of the engine block thinking it could be a ground issue.

Reactions: mrjp
Having trouble tracking down an electrical issue. 2007 JK keeps going into limp mode ETC light flashing with solid traction control. The code keeps jumping around though. Sometimes it’s a P0340 other times it’s P0344. It was P0405 once. What’s weird is I can get it out of limp mode by disconnecting/reconnecting the coil pack. I’ve already replaced the Camshaft and Crankshaft sensors, the PCM, the EGR, and the coil pack plugs and wires.

Can a weak battery make the code jump around like that? Battery and alternator are about 4 years old.

Did you replace the parts with OEM?

FIXED: Unplug EGR

Went and got the battery tested this morning. Both came back good. Broke down 20 minutes later and Jeep wouldn’t start. Was getting p0340, 344, and 405 all together. Decided to unplug egr just for the hell of it and tried starting. Fires right up. Only code now is a p0406, but no limp mode!!