My 2007 Jeep won't start

FDubois1

Supporting Member
Yes good afternoon I had to change the motor out on my 2007 Jeep JK Rubicon Wrangler after installing the motor and hooking up all the wires when I start it it cracked over four times and died now I can't get it to do nothing the key won't turn the starter it won't fire no ignition nothing I have checked every fuse every ground every relay still can't get it to do anything nothing

How many volts is your battery?

Are your battery terminals clean and also the clamps, are you still using the Factory battery clamps? Replace them with some HD ones that will clamp better.

How many volts is your battery?

Are your battery terminals clean and also the clamps, are you still using the Factory battery clamps? Replace them with some HD ones that will clamp better.
My battery is a new battery my cables are new I have checked everything

Then it sounds like maybe the neutral safety switch isn't making. Turn the key on run jump the starter at the starter solenoid.
Good advice. If that doesn't work I have had a bad cable running to the starter on a different vehicle. That would be the next thing to check... I realize the OP said the cables were new but wasn't explicit about which ones.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Yes I've already done that it turns over but there's no spark to the spark plugs or nothing

Could possibly the cam or crankshaft sensors, pretty sure one of them or both lets the ECM know the engines turning over and then lets it start.

Could possibly the cam or crankshaft sensors, pretty sure one of them or both lets the ECM know the engines turning over and then lets it start.
Yes I thought about them too camshaft and the crankshaft but I didn't change them out because it did crank up and start and died crank up and start and die like four times and then after the fifth time that's when it did what it did won't do nothing anymore so I'm going to go ahead and change them out and try that

Is the starter turning or not? If not, check voltage before and after the solenoid and directly at the starter.

I believe 07s also had TIP start (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). So the signal to start comes from the ECM or whatever it's called in Jeep world. If you're not getting that signal voltage that would create a no-start condition as well.

Just put a brand new starter on it the starter will start when I jump it to a hot wire and turn over
Ok. Starting to narrow it down now. Something in the circuit ahead of the starter is either faulty or the ECM is not providing the start signal.

Easy enough to try the suggestion @BLACKJKU made. Put the trans in neutral and try to start it.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Ok. Starting to narrow it down now. Something in the circuit ahead of the starter is either faulty or the ECM is not providing the start signal.

Easy enough to try the suggestion @BLACKJKU made. Put the trans in neutral and try to start it.
I did that already I have a standard

Just put a brand new starter on it the starter will start when I jump it to a hot wire and turn over

When it turns over it doesn't want to start?

When it's turning over is the dash lights stating on?

Is your fuel pump running?