Look what I found on fuel injector #5 clip

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast
I still was getting p0205 and p0305 error codes but when I took off the manifold cover I discovered that at some point the wires were taped and there is a slight nick on the wire. Wondering if I should just tape her up again and keep the separate or try to replace and replace the wire which I have

20230202_161137.jpg

I would tape them up, or cut the cut area and use a heat shrink connector.
No avail. Started her up got the engine warm drove a bit things were good. Turned her off waited a few min then started her again and codes came back on. Looks like om gonna have to replace the injectors. Seems like it's the last thing to do

Reactions: mrjp
I wonder if it is possible in the wire inside the is damaged?
It doesn't look deep enough to have damaged the wire, but looks can be deceiving in a photo like that. But it would certainly be reasonable to cut the wire at the nick and butt splice it back together. That would 'refresh' the insulation, too.

It doesn't look deep enough to have damaged the wire, but looks can be deceiving in a photo like that. But it would certainly be reasonable to cut the wire at the nick and butt splice it back together. That would 'refresh' the insulation, too.

That's why I suggested to cut and heat shrink a splice connector, you never know if corrosion might have gotten in there either.

Agreed, just trying to rule things out.

I fixed the problem it could have been a contributing issue but about to post how I changed out the injectors and that solved the problem ultimately after testing with a noid light it flashed so decided to go ahead and change the injectors

Screenshot_20230203-093855_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Danarch and mrjp