Lockers won't engage

jestazed

I have a 2014 Rubicon 4 door and the front or rear lockers will not engage. The lights on the dash just keep blinking. 4 lo is engaged and working. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

How long did you wait? Did you just sit still and wait? The stock lockers can be finicky and if they have never been used before, they may be stuck.

I'm not an expert on these, mostly just bumping your question. Just make sure you are moving forward slowly when attempting to turn them on. I remember that working for me.

Thanks, I waited plenty long. I have had this jeep since new and they have always worked fine. I tried moving forward, backward, putting transmission in neutral. I even put if back in 2 high and shut the jeep completely down.
I just replaced my programmer with a Trail dash 3 and I replaced the TIPM since the last time I used them. I wonder if either of those could be causing it?

Thanks, I waited plenty long. I have had this jeep since new and they have always worked fine. I tried moving forward, backward, putting transmission in neutral. I even put if back in 2 high and shut the jeep completely down.
I just replaced my programmer with a Trail dash 3 and I replaced the TIPM since the last time I used them. I wonder if either of those could be causing it?
It is possible that the programmer is interfering with something. Have you gone into the settings and checked? I'm not familiar with that one, but with JScan even if I don't have the license for the vehicle, I can read the status of things like lockers.

When is the last time you did changed the diff fluid?

Reactions: mrjp
Check the wiring for the actuators. They're probably fine, but I've had my front locker not work because they missed fixing the wiring after a collision.

Have you been through any water? That may cause them to malfunction if the electrical connection got water in them.

Reactions: mrjp