Limp mode issue on 2015 JKU

Kidds Autos

New member looking for help. I bought a 2015 JKU lifted with a bad rear end and missing front drive shaft. Jeep had been sitting with no top for a few months at least. I put junkyard rear ended and front drive shaft, same gear ratio from factory so I was told. Jeep goes into limp mode with incorrect gear ratios. I can unplug rear abs sensor and drives perfect without limp mode. Any help is greatly appreciated????

New member looking for help. I bought a 2015 JKU lifted with a bad rear end and missing front drive shaft. Jeep had been sitting with no top for a few months at least. I put junkyard rear ended and front drive shaft, same gear ratio from factory so I was told. Jeep goes into limp mode with incorrect gear ratios. I can unplug rear abs sensor and drives perfect without limp mode. Any help is greatly appreciated????

Does the rear axle have a locker and your Jeep is a automatic?

Reactions: vaffanculo
I put junkyard rear ended and front drive shaft, same gear ratio from factory so I was told.
This is the problem. Whatever rear end you installed does not match what the ECM originally learned. If you don't have Jscan, you need to hook it up and see what the ECM is set for versus what is installed with respect to the gearing.

Reactions: vaffanculo
I’ll check

You can check to see what gears came in the Jeep from the Factory here.

Reactions: Danarch