Light bar whistle

If you have a two row light you can use a areoliz but if it's a 3 row it will not work the best thing I've found is some black gorilla tape and tape up the fins on the back

Yep, X2 to this.

You can also use little black pieces of weather stripping as well.

If you have a two row light you can use a areoliz but if it's a 3 row it will not work the best thing I've found is some black gorilla tape and tape up the fins on the back
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try spraying the fins with rubberized undercoating. That should stick better than tape.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try spraying the fins with rubberized undercoating. That should stick better than tape.
I never thought about that. The rubber trim molding didnt work for me, it kept blowing off but the gorilla tape is holding strong so far

Stay tuned. I sprayed it today just haven't drove down the road yet. I'll definitely reply with the outcome.
Okay, 99.9% gone! It's a success. Best $5.00 fix.

20200204_123846.jpg

20200204_123955.jpg

20200204_123948.jpg

I have the same light on my wife’s JKU. Couldn’t believe how loud the whistle was. I’ve tried door edge guards. It stopped the whistle but then it caused a vibration that drive my wife nuts. Then went to 4WD parts they had a rubber block that has slits in it to stop the vibration had to run self tapping screws into the fins to hold them in place. Still had some vibration so tilted the light downward a little to stop all the issues. I’m just glad I don’t have one on my TJ.

I just sprayed another thick coat today. Gonna let it cure over night and test again tomorrow. For the most part my 1st attempt ended in 99.9% whistle gone. Depending on my speed it comes back very little but I want it all the way gone. We'll see tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes?