Light bar whistle

Kylejohnson3708

Okay, I know this is probably not a new topic but who has
If you have a two row light you can use a areoliz but if it's a 3 row it will not work the best thing I've found is some black gorilla tape and tape up the fins on the back

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
If you have a two row light you can use a areoliz but if it's a 3 row it will not work the best thing I've found is some black gorilla tape and tape up the fins on the back
Yep, X2 to this.

You can also use little black pieces of weather stripping as well.

OP
Budafucoe

Budafucoe

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try spraying the fins with rubberized undercoating. That should stick better than tape.

Kylejohnson3708

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try spraying the fins with rubberized undercoating. That should stick better than tape.
I never thought about that. The rubber trim molding didnt work for me, it kept blowing off but the gorilla tape is holding strong so far

OP
Budafucoe

Budafucoe

I never thought about that. The rubber trim molding didnt work for me, it kept blowing off but the gorilla tape is holding strong so far
Stay tuned. I sprayed it today just haven't drove down the road yet. I'll definitely reply with the outcome.

Kraftwerks

bird spikes! I know it sounds dumb but they sell wire bird spikes at like home depot that will help disrupt the wind enough to kill the whistle.

OP
Budafucoe

Budafucoe

bird spikes! I know it sounds dumb but they sell wire bird spikes at like home depot that will help disrupt the wind enough to kill the whistle.
Lol. No I'm good. The rubberized undercoating did an amazing job eliminating the whistle.

Mike B

I have the same light on my wife’s JKU. Couldn’t believe how loud the whistle was. I’ve tried door edge guards. It stopped the whistle but then it caused a vibration that drive my wife nuts. Then went to 4WD parts they had a rubber block that has slits in it to stop the vibration had to run self tapping screws into the fins to hold them in place. Still had some vibration so tilted the light downward a little to stop all the issues. I’m just glad I don’t have one on my TJ.

Mike B

I just sprayed another thick coat today. Gonna let it cure over night and test again tomorrow. For the most part my 1st attempt ended in 99.9% whistle gone. Depending on my speed it comes back very little but I want it all the way gone. We'll see tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes?