LED headlight flicker on Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Today I tried wiring the power up to another spot on the battery and still only get about 12V so nothing more I can do there. I have a new set on the way. I'll test those and if they do the same thing, I'll just have to live with it. It still looks good so not really a big deal, just irritates me knowing it does that. I don't know if there's a way to wire in a canbus anti flicker adapter in there or not. I haven't been able to find one that has the same plug type as these leds have. Not sure if I can just snip off the ends and wire one in and maybe that would solve the problem.

Nope, no kind of errors anywhere. Seller sent me a replacement set. Plugged one of them in and it does the same thing so it's not the lights. Going to tap in a resistor tomorrow and see if that cures it. If not, I'll live with it.

Nope, no kind of errors anywhere. Seller sent me a replacement set. Plugged one of them in and it does the same thing so it's not the lights. Going to tap in a resistor tomorrow and see if that cures it. If not, I'll live with it.

Okay, sorry to hear that.

I had the same problem on my JK when putting in the halo lights....fortunately for me it was just hooking up the can-bus.
But I’m having another issue...I just installed a set of KC Apollo pros and swapped them with my fog lights. I watched a video from 4WD and used the existing wiring for fnt he fog lights to install. The lights will turn on flicker for a couple seconds and then shut off. Everything is hooked up, is this a amperage issue? Has anyone seen this before?

You may need to put the lights on a relay so your pulling battery volts for them, then use the fog light wire for the relay pull in.

Ok, I’ll give that a try. When I turn the fog lights on, they will flash 4 times before they go out all together. The kit came with a relay....here goes nothing.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Ok, I’ll give that a try. When I turn the fog lights on, they will flash 4 times before they go out all together. The kit came with a relay....here goes nothing.

I heard that being a problem when you upgrade the fog lights.

one other thing to check - do both sides do it? If not, this is probably not it...but if you have a bad connection in the wiring somewhere - a cheap connector instead of spliced and soldered, for ex - that can cause a low voltage/high resistance connection and cause the issue. Similarly, if you don't have a good ground that will be an issue as well - if you used a local ground vs. running all the way back to the battery make sure you are making good contact.