Just installed a Bestop Sunrider

JKTim

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just installed a Sunrider for Hard Top by Bestop. Took about 45 minutes total. Not much louder than the hard tops. Will post open pic tomorrow
8F5FA7E0-65B0-48AC-9299-820F79130F37.jpeg
D14F5393-D7B5-4FE0-8837-6FC0B00CE9C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hopeful the sun is warm enough today for it all to settle in. Rain forecasted this afternoon in Minnesota.

Reactions: Chris
I can see this on my JK. Because I'm too lazy to look around the interwebz, does this totally replace the hardtop or can I install this say, in April, use it all spring, summer and fall, then put the hardtop back on over the winter?
I like this because I wouldn't have to bag the panels and strap them in the rack on top.

It just replaces the front panels. and is designed to change back in the winter. I have yet to decide if I will be swapping every spring and fall. I will be parking inside this winter and the surface area isn't large enough to be a problem with snow weight. Time will tell.

I’ve had a Sunrider top on and off my Jeeps for several years. I have had trouble with water leaks (rain) at times. Other than the leaks it is great!
Easy installation and removal. I’m sure the leak problem can be solved but in the meantime I just remove it and go back to the freedom tops. In a few months I’m sure I’ll be putting it back on. I had a 2016 JK with the Sunrider top and kept the top and put it on my 2018 Jk Unlimited! It fits well!

0308DCC5-A211-4931-9CBC-F0AD2379A9D0.jpeg

I’ve had a Sunrider top on and off my Jeeps for several years. I have had trouble with water leaks (rain) at times. Other than the leaks it is great!
Easy installation and removal. I’m sure the leak problem can be solved but in the meantime I just remove it and go back to the freedom tops. In a few months I’m sure I’ll be putting it back on. I had a 2016 JK with the Sunrider top and kept the top and put it on my 2018 Jk Unlimited! It fits well!

View attachment 122906
Thanks for the brief review. I've been
thinking about this top for awhile .
We get a lot of rain. Oct-Feb .
So you would suggest take off
during winter or rainy months ?
It's something that never crossed
my mind . Switching out for freedom
panels is a good idea for the winter .

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I had a small leak after a touch free carwash. I cleaned the seals and it hasn’t happened again. It came with two velcro straps to hold it open. I haven’t used them yet.
Ok wow , minor leak after car wash . That's
a good test . It does have a couple straps , good
to know . Thanks for the Intel . Going to pull the
trigger in the spring . Wouldn't get any use out
of till than anyways . The rain and cold has come
to the Island .

Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog