Jscan - Cylinder Fuel test / compression test

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Our JK’s have a an aftermarket digital gauge system. The wife’s yesterday come up with pending P0306 code - cylinder 6 misfire. No MIL light or anything yet and just listed as “pending” but doing a little research. Per service manual I have the first step is to scan for Cylinder Fuel Quantity Correction, second step (if fist step is okay) is Cylinder Compression test, does Jscan have either of these functions? I wasn’t able to locate them, I found cylinder misfire count. I don’t have FB and don‘t care to join just for Jscan questions. JK is 2015, 98K miles. Other than this random issue that just popped up Jeep seems to run fine. Only other issue is once in a while the coolant temp peaks at 232-235, but drops right back down, one of the items we have shown on the digital gauge assembly we use. Not sure how fast I’ll on jump on this since it is pending and the MIL hasn’t come on. Either way looks like soon I’ll be replacing the spark plugs and wires soon.

I would think a cylinder compression test would have to be done with a compression tester gauge.

[/URL]
Thats what I thought, but the manual references “scan tool” so I was curious and if Jscan had an option. All these fancy computers who knows if there is a way to scan.

83F1A6B7-7B1A-4000-A402-07F3D85229E0.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: mrjp
You cannot measure cylinder compression without inserting a compression gauge.

However, a scan tool can check for variations in the cranking speed of the cylinder on the compression stroke. This correlates very closely with the results of a compression gauge, since poor compression will result in a more rapid compression stroke.

I do not know JScan well enough to know if it has this ability, but it is certainly possible.

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch