JKS geometry correction bracket issues

AnivilRubi

I bought a pair of JKS correction brackets for the front of my Jeep.
The driver's side bracket slides right in. The passenger side bracket fails to line up to the tune of about 1/4".
I called JKS and their tech told me to cut the inside of the control arm mount to clearance the bracket.
I asked why I should need to go that route. He told me that the brackets are mirror images of each other, though the mounts on my 2015 jku rubi are slightly different from left to right. I was/am dubious...
Wondering if any of you have encountered this issue?
Thinking about just returning the JKS drop brackets and buying a full set of adjustable short arms- which is what I probably should have done in the first place. I don't want to cut meat out of my control arm mounts that will commit me to running these brackets permanently.
In that case, what are your recommendations for a full control arm kit for a 4.5" lift?

I just installed AEV drop brackets with my lift this weekend. I didn't have any issues with the AEV. I never noticed if they were mirror images though. A friend of mine was helping me out and he did most of the work on this part.

I bought a pair of JKS correction brackets for the front of my Jeep.
The driver's side bracket slides right in. The passenger side bracket fails to line up to the tune of about 1/4".
I called JKS and their tech told me to cut the inside of the control arm mount to clearance the bracket.
I asked why I should need to go that route. He told me that the brackets are mirror images of each other, though the mounts on my 2015 jku rubi are slightly different from left to right. I was/am dubious...
Wondering if any of you have encountered this issue?
Thinking about just returning the JKS drop brackets and buying a full set of adjustable short arms- which is what I probably should have done in the first place. I don't want to cut meat out of my control arm mounts that will commit me to running these brackets permanently.
In that case, what are your recommendations for a full control arm kit for a 4.5" lift?
I would have a hard time cutting things. I would go with adjustable arms.

Reactions: Jermbob28
“though the mounts on my 2015 jku rubi are slightly different from left to right”
When you say ”different left to right” are you talking about the left to right side of the same brackets, or drivers side compared to passenger side? I would think they would be the same at each location and the bolts would go straight through, not at an angle. I am just curious, about ready to go crawl under my 2015 Rubi and see. Actually I’d think they would be at the same place passenger and driver side since they connect to the axle Assembly.

Reactions: mrjp