Rprieto30

Hello everyone, looking to get a lift for my 2018 JK. I’m not into extreme off roading, at least not yet. More of a weekendlander, easy/ moderate trails, camping. Think of 3.5” to 4”. Would like to know what you guys recommended if any of you do the same kind of off-roading.

Hello everyone, looking to get a lift for my 2018 JK. I’m not into extreme off roading, at least not yet. More of a weekendlander, easy/ moderate trails, camping. Think of 3.5” to 4”. Would like to know what you guys recommended if any of you do the same kind of off-roading.

It's going to be expensive for that high of a lift, it needs to have adjustable control arms, track bars,shocks.

It would be cheaper to go with a 2" and flattop fenders.

Clayton the Forum Sponser is a good choice for lifts.

It's going to be expensive for that high of a lift, it needs to have adjustable control arms, track bars,shocks.

It would be cheaper to go with a 2" and flattop fenders.

Clayton the Forum Sponser is a good choice for lifts.
Would you happen to have any experience with the lift spacers. I’ve seen some that are up to 3”.

Once you start going over 2.5-3" of lift you run into a lot of issues.

As you lift your Jeep higher, the axles rotate and shift inward and sideways. This necessitates a large list of adjustable parts to fix.

Your steering due to caster angle is also going to be poor and can be terrifying on the highway.

As you put on larger tires, your gearing is affected resulting in a perceived loss of power, and weird shifting in an automatic.

I think if you have 4.10 gears in a 2018 JK you're ok up to 35's on both auto and manual trans. There is a gearing chart you can look at for both the 3.6L (2012 and up) JK as well as the 2007-2011 3.8L JK.

What is the sweet spot in terms of how much time, money and daily drivability?

@BLACKJKU hit it on the nose: 35' tires, 2-2.5" lift, a little extra bump stop, and maybe some aftermarket fenders.

A set of front and rear 2-2.5" springs will set you back about $400 for quality springs.

Don't cheap out on your lift kit or you'll just be doing it again.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
If I were to have owned my jeep since new, I would've done a 2 1/2 inch lift. JK's look fantastic at that height and you can still rock 35" tires.

Brands Id consider: AEV or JKS. The latter being my preference.

Reactions: mrjp
I have a 2018 JK that is in the shop now.
I am going from stock 255/70-17's to 35x12.5 tires. I am having the 3.73 gears changed to 4.10's, and I am going with a 4"
terraflex lift.
I know that I don't need that much lift for 35's, but I only want to lift it once. In the future (when it's paid off), i plan to go up to 37" tires and 4.56 gears. I will then replace the stock axles with aftermarket and replace the dana 30 in the front with a dana 44,.with aftermarket shafts.

Reactions: mrjp
I have a 2018 JK that is in the shop now.
I am going from stock 255/70-17's to 35x12.5 tires. I am having the 3.73 gears changed to 4.10's, and I am going with a 4"
terraflex lift.
I know that I don't need that much lift for 35's, but I only want to lift it once. In the future (when it's paid off), i plan to go up to 37" tires and 4.56 gears. I will then replace the stock axles with aftermarket and replace the dana 30 in the front with a dana 44,.with aftermarket shafts.

Why is it you only want to lift it once buy you'll pay for 2 gear changes which will cost about as much. Why not go ahead and put 4.88's in it now the 35's will be happy with them.

The guys at the shop think the stock dana 30 and stock shafts will not last if the taller gear introduces too much torque.
They think it will be less likely to break on the trail with this set up.

The guys at the shop think the stock dana 30 and stock shafts will not last if the taller gear introduces too much torque.
They think it will be less likely to break on the trail with this set up.

Then buy the D44 first then you'll be doing it right the first time, unless you have unlimited cash.