JK high school build

Here are my measurements, and I forgot to mention, that because those shocks are that long and I'm running a stock trackbar at the front, you can centralize your front axle and I'm 99% confident that it will be fine then, but, I'm getting a different lift kit anyway, so I don't care that much, because on daily bases it doesn't touch the frame at all, it does only when I have full down travel.

P.S Thats the link for the shocks

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 5.42.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Ik ik, car ramps aren't ideal, going to test it out on reiter soon....

Attachments

• IMG_6214.heic
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6212.heic
    3.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6217.heic
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6219.heic
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6229.heic
    754.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6227.heic
    746.5 KB · Views: 121
Haven't posted anything for a little while, would like to post a few updates on the JK, just fyi, nothing major yet.

Went to ELBE (KOE), and I felt proud of the choice I made for my shocks, the amount of down travel and up travel I had, was perfect. HOWEVER, going to Reiter Foothills was a disaster for me, well, no, sort of, on a few spots I SIMPLY NEEDED MORE LIFT AND BIGGER TIRES, (just FYI, I'm currently on 2.5 and 35s). Also, the thing I realized is that because my tires are load range E, I can deflate way more than 10..., I thought running 17s rims, would limit me to 13-15 psi ish? But no, those tires have to be deflated to 6-8 psi, due to a not-perfect load range, and 2 door does not weight at all, but the pro thing is that It gives way more grip on slick rocks. Few more dings and dongs. Will have to do all seals on my hardtop, they are shot, so that caused my interior stick like moisture and a swamp, cleaned that, and thanks to PNW.., it's back to the same condition within a week, I already have the seals, just gotta do em..., or just switch a soft top (best top), which is most likely happen...

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_8398.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1633 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless we're talking beadlocks, the wheel you choose has little or nothing to do with how low you can air down. It's more a matter of load rating and driving style.

When you air down, the tire flexes more. As you discovered, this improves traction. It also makes the ride smoother. But it also means it's easier for the bead to pull away from the wheel. Which will put an end to your fun. Load rating (in other words, sidewall rigidity) has a huge impact. So does terrain. Hitting rocks straight on won't pop a bead nearly as easily as putting side pressure on the tire. Driving style also matters. Crawling is less likely to pop the bead than bonsai driving.

I'll drop to 8-10PSI on regular wheels. With beadlocks, you can drop to zero.