Jeep Wrangler stuck in park

Fellowki

I have a 2015 jeep wrangler jk and I noticed the other day driving out of my neighborhood that the gear shift indicator on the dash was showing that I’m in all 4 gears while I was driving so I shifted into park at the light and then got stuck in park, the manual override works but I’m thinking it might be an electrical issue due to after parking it outside my house I noticed my headlight was somehow on even though the car had been sitting off. Has anyone experienced something like this with their jeep?

I have a manual, so I'm unsure what you mean by manual override.

Is it working fine now or is the problem persisting?

I agree that is sounds like an electrical problem. On jeeps, (and many other vehicles) if a ground starts to go bad, all kinds of wackyness can happen. The schematics for wranglers have been posted on here a number of times. Make sure the one you find is at least 2012 or newer as before that had a different engine, so it would be wrong. Start with the easy ones. A break could be under tape fyi.

You can't shift out of park unless you step on the brake pedal. There is a switch connected to the brake pedal arm to enforce this. When it goes bad, you're stuck in park. That's where I would start.

Could be the little nylon connectors on the linkeage under the shifter console. They're a pain to get to. But I've had problems before both for my auto shifter and 4x shifter.