Is there any reason to avoid buying Smittybilt bumpers and winch?

We have the XRC bumper in the rear, no problem so far. I have a SB winch on mine, no issues, but then out of 2 years haven’t really used it that much.

Reactions: Speartip
The bumpers are crap quality and heavy as can be. If I was going to be "upgrading" my front bumper I'd only be using aluminum.

The bumpers are crap quality and heavy as can be. If I was going to be "upgrading" my front bumper I'd only be using aluminum.

Going to have to disagree with the Boss .
Why do you say crap quality?.
The XRC Gen 1 that I have .
3/16” thick
Welds are flawless
Finish is impeccable
Tow rings /hooks are welded front & back of bumper and are right in line with frame
It honestly is prob one of the better bumpers as far as durability and finish out there . It’s a looker to boot .
For sure looks are subjective but it def is not crap quality .
Aluminum will save on weight but come down hard on it and will bend or twist like
A flag in the wind . Lol

089FCBC0-3746-4233-AECA-2F789382D66E.jpeg

With regards to winches I’ve got my eye on a Warn.
But Harbour Freight seems like viable option . Matt’s Offroad Recovery UTube channel users them in their wrecker, Morvair & Banana .
They work them a lot on some recoveries with no issues . JK Gear & Gadgets Utibe also used H Freight .
Another option if you don’t want to go Warn .

I did. There was a delay on their end-they had to remove them from their JK. I asked every day when it would be ready. The last day they did not answer at all until they simply said they had sold the front bumper and winch.
I have my ideas but I will keep quiet.

I did. There was a delay on their end-they had to remove them from their JK. I asked every day when it would be ready. The last day they did not answer at all until they simply said they had sold the front bumper and winch.
I have my ideas but I will keep quiet.
Ahhhh... you're in a safe space. Go ahead and vent.