Is there a resource that lists the standard features of the different trim levels of JKs?

AzJeff

Greetings JK owners. I currently own 2 TJs but that may change in the near future. My question is, is there a resource that lists the standard features of the different trim levels of JKs? It's pretty simple with the TJs, just not as many trims and models offered. Interested mainly in 2 door manual trans jeeps. Thanks

Reactions: Speartip
Let us know what you plan on using it for, and we may be able to steer you in a direction. Amount you are willing to spend is an important point.

I would say look for ones 2013 and up. That will give you a 3.6, but not the first year for the engine.

Greetings JK owners. I currently own 2 TJs but that may change in the near future. My question is, is there a resource that lists the standard features of the different trim levels of JKs? It's pretty simple with the TJs, just not as many trims and models offered. Interested mainly in 2 door manual trans jeeps. Thanks
Welcome, I’ve seen you around on the TJ forum.

Thanks. Intended use is around town daily driver and backroad explorer. We had a lightly modded tintop Samurai for years, great offroader but limited in range and room. We've talked about a Wrangler and at the beginning of the year wife said if we're going to get a Wrangler now is the time, we're not getting any younger. 🫡👍 I've now bought 2 TJs, both modified and needing refreshed. Neither one is how I'd build from stock so it's either find a stock TJ or JK and go from there. Must be a hardtop and manual trans, prefer under 100k miles. Thinking a 2" OME or 2.5" Metalcloak lift and skinny 32s or 33s. Keep it simple and light. Armor isn't necessary we're not crawling. We really like exploring and want something comfortable to drive on the highway to expand our territory. Just us and the dogs. Price is whatever is needed to get a good base vehicle. Don't know enough about JKs yet to narrow the search to certain years/model/trim. Rubicon isn't necessary but why not?

I‘ve got a 2015 JKU Rubicon with 35,000 approx miles, 6sp, it’s a great Jeep. I installed the AEV 2.5” lift and it has a great ride. It’s nice to have the Rubicon features on it, even if I don’t need them very often.

They have the Sport, the Sahara and the Rubicon I have the Sahara, not as built (beefy/ready to do extreme climbing) as the Rubicon, it will still climb but it’s better going down the highway as a daily

Reactions: BigAL07
Sport is the base level trim.
Sahara is the luxury trim. More likely to have leather seats and usually had a same color hardtop. Same offroading as sport, other than the fact they tended to come with 18" wheels.
Rubicon is the offroader. Locking difs and 4.10 axles ratio. Also had beefier axles.

For what you are looking to do, I would just keep the box for manual transmission and two door checked and keep and eye on what shows up.

The closer to 2018 you get the more refined the jeep, though anything 2015 and up is just fine. 14s are usually just fine as well, A 13 that is still on the road is probably ok, but I would stay away from 2012 model year. It was the first year for the 3.6 engine and as most first years, there were some issues.

if you are looking for a bargain JK, the ones with a 3.8 are generally fine as long as you keep an eye on your oil. Just never get a 3.8 with an auto trans.

I have a 99 TJ and a 2009 JKU Rubicon. The TJ is a blast to drive, but I wouldn't drive it across state without a good deal of rest before hand. I daily the JK and take it across state to families quite a bit. I'm about to hit 211K miles.