Is my tire screwed from this nail?

TheGrayt1

I found this long nail in the very side of my Terra Hunter 35x12x20 XT tires last night. The tire is not losing air at all and am wondering if it is just in there perffect or do these AT tires have rubber nub shoulders that do not affect the structure of the inner tire?

20220724_111411.jpg

20220724_111405.jpg

20220724_111358.jpg

20220723_174917.jpg

Looks like you're fine. Sidewall lugs are just thick rubber like your tread. Get yourself some soapy water or glass cleaner and spray the entry and exit of the nail. No bubbles no worries.

Have you yanked it yet? The puncture at the bottom appears to be in the sidewall.

Have you yanked it yet? The puncture at the bottom appears to be in the sidewall.

I took it to a tire shop and they sprayed it and looked at it and said leave it in if it is not leaking. Another tire shop said to pull it and replace the whole tire. Not sure which one to trust...

Was it leaking air when they sprayed it? If it wasn't leaking I would pull it. If it goes flat then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Reactions: mrjp
I’d pull it! And I wouldn’t go back to a tire shop that said leave it in. Do something and take the chance of the nail getting pushed into the tire and then for sure need a new tire. Risk in my opipion are increased if you off road.

Reactions: Speartip and mrjp
I’d pull it! And I wouldn’t go back to a tire shop that said leave it in. Do something and take the chance of the nail getting pushed into the tire and then for sure need a new tire. Risk in my opipion are increased if you off road.
Yeah I think I am gonna wait a couple of days until the weekend and pull it out and if it goes flat I will order a new tire

I took it to a tire shop and they sprayed it and looked at it and said leave it in if it is not leaking. Another tire shop said to pull it and replace the whole tire. Not sure which one to trust...
The tire shop that said to pull it and order new tire is the honest shop. I would pull it if leaking replace.

You hit one curb the wrong way or even bend the tire going around a corner and you could shove that nail right back into the tire. With the temp changes and driving on the tire, there's no way the nail is staying in one place.