I'm a Wanderer (2015 JK that is wandering)

Just need to keep an eye on the front DS angle, sometimes adding more castor will change that angle and pick up a vibration from front DS. I'm playing with mine now, I believe my castor is at 5.4 but I need to find the print out. I'm going to try to bump it up a little at a time to see what it drives like.

*** HOT OFF THE PRESSESS*** 2015 JK WANDERER NO LONGER WANDERS.

SO, The main contributor to this mess was a bad synergy ball joint (Apparently synergy is aware that they had a bad batch out there). Drivers side was bad so the shop replaced both...just in case
After replacing them, the test drive resulted in a considerable improvement but the tech (who is also the shop owner) still felt something wasn't right.
After checking the caster on the rack, it was not within what he felt was need so he adjusted it to 4.5 & moved the CA's (either up or down, not sure) on the geometry bracket and was happier with the drivability afterwards.

So, back on the rack it went and he found one of the springs was not seated correctly and was popping up and down on a bolt.
Also found a number of suspension fasteners on the back of the vehicle not even close to torque.

All in all...drives a HELLUVA lot better now...

Reactions: mrjp and Hooperdog
Just need to keep an eye on the front DS angle, sometimes adding more castor will change that angle and pick up a vibration from front DS. I'm playing with mine now, I believe my castor is at 5.4 but I need to find the print out. I'm going to try to bump it up a little at a time to see what it drives like.
I meant castor down a little not up..

I am surprised at the caster angle...everything I've read from Dr. Google is "caster should be in the 6-7 range". But like what was said earlier, it's different for every vehicle. Gotta say though, not a fan of 18 inch wheels...tire selection is narrow and expensive (Just Empty Every Pocket)

I am surprised at the caster angle...everything I've read from Dr. Google is "caster should be in the 6-7 range". But like what was said earlier, it's different for every vehicle. Gotta say though, not a fan of 18 inch wheels...tire selection is narrow and expensive (Just Empty Every Pocket)
yeah factory spec is not that high, I'm going try lower first and see how it drives..

Reactions: mrjp