I thought I'd start a thread about best friends

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Here's my shadow, can't go anywhere without her.

IMG_0204.JPG

Blue, 6 month old, likes riding in the jeep with no windows or doors. The leash is hooked to the bottom of the driver's seat, but he could hang himself if he got really stupid. I haven't come up with the perfect solution for safety with freedom but am getting closer.
This dog does keep me more active. It loves mud and water, which is transferred to the jeep interior when it is time to head home.
Don

We don't have kids, and at 64 I'm fairly certain it's not going to happen. But these are my 2 best friends, aside from the wife.
Chief is a 10-year old, 95lb mix. His DNA says his grandparents were a Rottie & Husky on one side and a Doberman and St. Bernard on the other side.

Chief on Golf Course.jpg

Master is 6 years old, 85lb and his DNA says his grandparents were a Lab & Boxer on one side and a Pit and "Asian breed" on the other. He has the black ink on his tongue, so I'm guessing there's Chow in there somewhere.

Master and Tree.jpg

Both are rescues- Chief at 8 weeks and Master when he was between 6-9 months. We found Master outside the city dog park with a rope, chain and padlock around his neck. He weighed 35 lbs and was nothing but bones and dirt, but his personality was on full display, despite his horrible circumstance.
They are 'brothers from different mothers' through and through- no separating them.

My sister in law only weighs 90lbs! I have rescued a lot of beagles and hounds from our SPCA. None of them have ever liked a Jeep ride, they think they are going to be dumped in the country in the middle of the night (and a Vet trip).

My sister in law only weighs 90lbs! I have rescued a lot of beagles and hounds from our SPCA. None of them have ever liked a Jeep ride, they think they are going to be dumped in the country in the middle of the night (and a Vet trip).

I just had to take my Dog to the Vet today for shots and she likes to ride no matter where she's going.

So, if you have a dog or 7, and you don't want to or simply can't hoist them into the back of your lifted Jeep- here's the best solution and one of the best purchases I've ever made:
The PetGear tri-fold dog ramp. Folded it measures 20" x 26" and opened, it's a little over 6'. It has a non-skid surface and my 2 guys (big guys) have been using this for over 4 years and have not torn up the surface in the least.
You'll pay upwards of $80 or so on Amazon, but Chewy has it for a little over $50.
It tucks nicely in the back corner and my guys usually sit right behind the front seats so they can drool out the windows and put their faces into the wind. If it's a long haul and they'll be sleeping, I'll put it on the roof rack.
20200922_173853.jpg
20200922_173931.jpg
20200922_173945.jpg
20200922_174012.jpg

Ozzy our 6 year Cattle dog/weiner dog mix. Has to go everywhere with us. Great guard dog can be your best buddy but beware he can only guard and concentrate on one person at a time, if he is with me he will protect me and growl at most anyone who approaches including the wife, then if he is with my wife or gets friendly with a good friend he will growl at anyone else who approaches. Maybe a little bi-polar, i just tell everyone to beware that he is pretty cool until he is a dick. Too smart for his own good sometikes but getting better as he ages. Not another cattle dog for us but he gets the best life he could imagine for.
EECBF95A-1FF0-49DC-A22F-A90D1012A8BB.jpeg
AF9A9C72-B9BC-4EC0-B4CA-B6D536F0AF5F.jpeg
D3F8BFC0-7EF9-482B-8E9F-FB062CBE27C6.jpeg
BBB763BE-7028-4530-B8C9-F6070B843DA8.jpeg

Ozzy our 6 year Cattle dog/weiner dog mix. Has to go everywhere with us. Great guard dog can be your best buddy but beware he can only guard and concentrate on one person at a time, if he is with me he will protect me and growl at most anyone who approaches including the wife, then if he is with my wife or gets friendly with a good friend he will growl at anyone else who approaches. Maybe a little bi-polar, i just tell everyone to beware that he is pretty cool until he is a dick. Too smart for his own good sometikes but getting better as he ages. Not another cattle dog for us but he gets the best life he could imagine for.View attachment 117404View attachment 117403View attachment 117402View attachment 117401

Meet Cooper. He was rescued with 14 other dogs and a littler of 5 pups. He's about 9 weeks, was separated from his mom & siblings a few weeks early, I think, but he's doing exceptionally well. Have no idea what kind of dog he is, but we'll do the DNA once he's around 6 months.

IMG952891.jpg
IMG952968.jpg
IMG953016.jpg