How do I remove this a-pillar plastic screw?

Daledevon

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to install a switch panel. I need to remove the a pillar plastic. The plastic screw that holds it on just spins. How do I get it out?

does it looks something like this? maybe needle nose pliers will work

Screw.jpg

Yep, that is it. I tried some pliers, but can't get a grip. The screw is keeping the whole thing tight to the pillar, but it spins.

Yeah, just give it a good yank.....or pry from behind with a large screwdriver. Mine does same thing and I recently removed it to run a cable.

Reactions: mrjp
This discussion, and many others like it, prompted me to post this item for anyone who spends any amount of time working on the interior of their Jeeps. Let me preface this by saying I'm the guy who believes in the "right tool for the job"- hence, a pretty well-stocked shop of mechanics, carpentry and plumbing tools.

Spend the few bucks and get this to save the interior of your Jeep from the scars inflicted by screwdrivers, pliers, needle-nose, vise-grips, putty knives, etc.

Tresalto offers a whole line of these with a variety of tools and pieces- none of them being too pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8GHB7O/?tag=jkforum-20

1626354991262.png

I have some of these tools. I really pulled on this. I got scared and finally drilled it. The rest of the pieces came off pretty easily. Putting the same piece back on, I needed to pull the plastic "rivet" out of the roll bar, put it in the piece and then shove it back in. I'm going to the jeep dealer to get a new a pillar plastic rivet. Just not yet as I want to replace the spiller panel to install a USB toggle switch to power phones and such. Thanks to everyone for your help, really appreciate it.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
I needed to pull the plastic "rivet" out of the roll bar, put it in the piece and then shove it back in. I'm going to the jeep dealer to get a new a pillar plastic rivet.
Aren't they all the same size in the JKs? You can get 'em a whole lot cheaper on Amazon than a dealer.
By the way, it's Mopar 06502871 and they're $7.99 each thru Chrysler.

1626367294407.png

This discussion, and many others like it, prompted me to post this item for anyone who spends any amount of time working on the interior of their Jeeps. Let me preface this by saying I'm the guy who believes in the "right tool for the job"- hence, a pretty well-stocked shop of mechanics, carpentry and plumbing tools.

Spend the few bucks and get this to save the interior of your Jeep from the scars inflicted by screwdrivers, pliers, needle-nose, vise-grips, putty knives, etc.

Tresalto offers a whole line of these with a variety of tools and pieces- none of them being too pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8GHB7O/?tag=jkforum-20

View attachment 119246
Yup bought something similar just had additional tool pieces, well worth the money and used several times.

Reactions: mrjp