How do I remove the doors on a 2014 JK?

TAD101

My son bought a jeep and I've come here for help. We watched videos on how to remove the doors, we have followed and the doors don't budge. Previous owner stated she didn't remove doors very often. Any help or tips?

Remove the nut on bottom of the hinge, unplug the electrical connection near the footwell and remove the safety strap. I find it easier to remove with the window down, open the door grab the handle and window frame work the door back and forth while picking up. Can be tough to remove if they haven’t been out in a while, I keep just a touch of anti seize on mine which makes it much easier.

My son bought a jeep and I've come here for help. We watched videos on how to remove the doors, we have followed and the doors don't budge. Previous owner stated she didn't remove doors very often. Any help or tips?
Mine were a bitch the 1st time I tried to take mine off. I used a 12" 2x4 wrapped in a beach towel under the door and swung a 2.5lb hammer into the 2x4. Keep the 2x4 closer to the hinge side. You'll need a helper.

Might be able to spray some penetrating oil or lubricant oil on them and let it sit for a while. The swing the doors back and forth while lifting. They can be a pain.

Reactions: Duster and JerryD
Thanks, I'm gonna give it another shot. I ordered anti seize and it should arrive Wednesday. Guessing this is similar to WD40? Apply and let sit for a bit?
Anti Seize is a silver paste. You'll wipe it on your door pins and leave it on. Nothin like WD-40

Reactions: 1o1Proof
Thanks, I'm gonna give it another shot. I ordered anti seize and it should arrive Wednesday. Guessing this is similar to WD40? Apply and let sit for a bit?
No. Anti-seize is a silver goop that you put on to PREVENT things from sticking. WD40 is sprayed on later to RELEASE things that are already stuck.

Reactions: tJKrider
Please report back, preferably with pictures of said Anti seize all over you and the Jeep! :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t take a lot of it to work. And it DOES seem to get everywhere like magic.

Please report back, preferably with pictures of said Anti seize all over you and the Jeep! :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, it doesn’t take a lot of it to work. And it DOES seem to get everywhere like magic.
1713820426092.png