How can I tell if my top is OEM?

Acxman

JK Enthusiast
I bought a 2008 JK Sahara. The jeep started life as a soft top and the previous owner had a hardtop installed but the wiring harness was not installed. When looking for a harness some are OEM MOPAR and some are after market brands like Bestop. Is there a way I can tell if my top is OEM .?

Thanks

Tom

Yes, I’m trying to find something that indicates that it’s OEM MOPAR. When shopping for the wiring harness, there are harnesses for after market tops and there are harnesses for original OEM wrangler tops. I thought there might be something on the tops that indicate OEM.

YEA, the leaky top thing is funny. So far mine hasn’t been in the rain.

Post a picture of the top's harness here. Also, a pic of the top in full from the side, and one of the back window. There is probably a stamp with item number someplace, but it may not tell us much.

Post a picture of the top's harness here. Also, a pic of the top in full from the side, and one of the back window. There is probably a stamp with item number someplace, but it may not tell us much.

Pics would be helpful .
To add to Macguyver’s suggestion pics of inside as well.
There are very few aftermarket hard tops let alone one that resembles OEM top . So should be relatively easy to identify .

Reactions: Qaddiction
Pics would be helpful .
To add to Macguyver’s suggestion pics of inside as well.
There are very few aftermarket hard tops let alone one that resembles OEM top . So should be relatively easy to identify .

All the Aftermarket ones that i've seen pictures of look nothing like the Factory ones.