How are you dealing with COVID-19?

We are Americans. The home of the braves. We fight for what is right with dignity. We live with a civilized society and passionate people. We are well structured compared to other countries in the whole world.

However it takes a real good leader to turn this around. Observe at how the G7 is responding to this crisis, and where do we stacked up? What we are showing here is the opposite of who we are and what we believe in.

This is beyond belief and it is disgusting!

*** South Korea handled this pandemic without shutting down their country. That my friend shows who has a real good leadership.
Your from Cape Girardeau?

The virus is real I understand that. But do you think they’ve been overhyping things? I’ve felt this way from the beginning and feel that this quarantine has gone too far. I found this as an interesting read:

This virus is way over hyped.

It is not a hoax but what the hell, the media is milking this shit way too much.

I do not watch the news and/or regular TV channels and so every time I meet up with friends they are all freaked out from what they hear from the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus
This virus is way over hyped.

It is not a hoax but what the hell, the media is milking this shit way too much.

I do not watch the news and/or regular TV channels and so every time I meet up with friends they are all freaked out from what they hear from the media.
Right it’s not a hoax but the media is using this every which way to create paranoia To better themselves. I never watch the news either and when something is brought up about it in conversation, I’d rather not hear about because I feel like it’s mostly overhyped bullshit.

It's always them saying like "you saw what's going on in NY? followed with blah blah and they chastises Florida and/or Georgia for Armageddon scenarios :(
Sometimes I say sarcastically, who cares I live in West Texas! I already pissed off few friends because of my "lack of compassionate" attitude.
I sometimes say "Fake News". Listen, if we live in fear we are not living at all.

Last edited:
The virus is real I understand that. But do you think they’ve been overhyping things? I’ve felt this way from the beginning and feel that this quarantine has gone too far. I found this as an interesting read:

It is dramatically overhyped and also blown way out of proportion. While I don't think it is a hoax, I think people are overreacting in every way imaginable, including our so called "leaders".

The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies.

In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

Of all fatal cases in New York state, two-thirds were in patients over 70 years of age; more than 95 percent were over 50 years of age; and about 90 percent of all fatal cases had an underlying illness. Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19.

This is like asking someone, "If you knew you could go to Vegas and bet all your money and your odds were 99% that you would win the jackpot, would you do it?"

The answer is a resounding yes...unless you're an idiot.

What I am getting at here is that your odds are very good you aren't going to die from this. Do you personally know anyone who has died from it? I don't. I'm 99.9% certain me, my wife, and my kids had it, and we're okay.

My advice to everyone is if YOU feel unsafe, YOU stay at home.

It is dramatically overhyped and also blown way out of proportion. While I don't think it is a hoax, I think people are overreacting in every way imaginable, including our so called "leaders".

The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies.

In New York City, an epicenter of the pandemic with more than one-third of all U.S. deaths, the rate of death for people 18 to 45 years old is 0.01 percent, or 11 per 100,000 in the population. On the other hand, people aged 75 and over have a death rate 80 times that. For people under 18 years old, the rate of death is zero per 100,000.

Of all fatal cases in New York state, two-thirds were in patients over 70 years of age; more than 95 percent were over 50 years of age; and about 90 percent of all fatal cases had an underlying illness. Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19.

This is like asking someone, "If you knew you could go to Vegas and bet all your money and your odds were 99% that you would win the jackpot, would you do it?"

The answer is a resounding yes...unless you're an idiot.

What I am getting at here is that your odds are very good you aren't going to die from this. Do you personally know anyone who has died from it? I don't. I'm 99.9% certain me, my wife, and my kids had it, and we're okay.

My advice to everyone is if YOU feel unsafe, YOU stay at home.
Those numbers don’t lie and I can’t say anything other than I completely agree with everything you have stated. And yes....if YOU feel unsafe then YOU stay home. In the article I posted, they’re actually telling medical personnel to say cause if death is Covid-19....NOT the real cause of death or the fact that an u deleting illness had something to do with it. They’re trying to inflate the numbers to create more mass hysteria. Do you honestly think nobody has it before it was discovered. There was an old dude....101 years old....and left the hospital after being diagnosed with it. It makes me furious that I’m sure the media has such a HUGE impact on the way we live which is exactly why I don’t watch the news. Whenever somebody throws stats in front of me about it, I’m like “I don’t want to hear it. You continue to put yourself in panic mode and suppress your life....I’m sick of hearing about this shit.”

Reactions: Chris
Those numbers don’t lie and I can’t say anything other than I completely agree with everything you have stated. And yes....if YOU feel unsafe then YOU stay home. In the article I posted, they’re actually telling medical personnel to say cause if death is Covid-19....NOT the real cause of death or the fact that an u deleting illness had something to do with it. They’re trying to inflate the numbers to create more mass hysteria. Do you honestly think nobody has it before it was discovered. There was an old dude....101 years old....and left the hospital after being diagnosed with it. It makes me furious that I’m sure the media has such a HUGE impact on the way we live which is exactly why I don’t watch the news. Whenever somebody throws stats in front of me about it, I’m like “I don’t want to hear it. You continue to put yourself in panic mode and suppress your life....I’m sick of hearing about this shit.”

Exactly, they are padding the numbers.

Because if they don't pad the numbers, it will be apparent that all this precaution was for nothing, and that our elected officials completely destroyed the economy, caused another recession, and fucked a lot of people over.

It's a flu, albeit slightly more deadly than the normal flu. If you look up the number of people who die every year from the regular flu, the numbers are high.

Even seemingly healthy people die from the flu every year (and this too), the issue is that the media chooses to focus on the ONE healthy person who dies as oppose to all the other ones who didn't.

Hell, you can die walking down the street every day, but that doesn't stop people.

The panic that the media has caused is absolutely disgusting. The fact that people are running scared from this behooves me.

I'm not a fan of Maher, but this is on point:

Because if they don't pad the numbers, it will be apparent that all this precaution was for nothing, and that our elected officials completely destroyed the economy, caused another recession, and fucked a lot of people over.

It's a flu, albeit slightly more deadly than the normal flu. If you look up the number of people who die every year from the regular flu, the numbers are high.

Even seemingly healthy people die from the flu every year (and this too), the issue is that the media chooses to focus on the ONE healthy person who dies as oppose to all the other ones who didn't.

Hell, you can die walking down the street every day, but that doesn't stop people.

The panic that the media has caused is absolutely disgusting. The fact that people are running scared from this behooves me.

Wow dude that was brilliant!

I’m not one for politics but this is gold. I’d love to flood my Facebook with these videos but I would get tired of arguing with people who think we have to lock ourselves in the house forever

I’m not one for politics but this is gold. I’d love to flood my Facebook with these videos but I would get tired of arguing with people who think we have to lock ourselves in the house forever

I agree, not one for politics either, but he makes some very good points there that are impossible to ignore.

The people who want to stay locked up forever, those are the people who have IMHO, failed at life.

This morning in Michigan Capitol. The guy in a suit & tie is a politician. OMG-WTF !!!
Michigan.jpg

• Haha
is this site turning into a political conspiracy forum?
I would wear a mask in public to help prevent me infecting someone else, common courtesy.
I have parents that I would not want to kill because I think I am immune or at low risk of dying. They are old, with pre-existing health problems, but don't deserve to die because I am one of the lucky ones.

Why you would put your trust in one wacko and dismiss all the others is mind boggling.
Yes they are probably overdoing it, and I find closing off wilderness areas and parks with wide open spaces dumb as dirt.
But this is not local. This isn't just the USA. Most countries are locked down a lot worse than the USA.
don