How are you dealing with COVID-19?

Jay D

How are you dealing with the virus that has attacked the world as we know it?

6C5A6A34-55E2-4C93-9F9B-50E64F404DD6.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
I work from home already, so not much has changed in that regard. However, what has been driving us nuts is the kids not being in school.

That being said, we've been doing our best to take 5 mile plus daily walks with the kids and getting out as much as possible.

I work from home already, so not much has changed in that regard. However, what has been driving us nuts is the kids not being in school.

That being said, we've been doing our best to take 5 mile plus daily walks with the kids and getting out as much as possible.
Good idea....I’m retired military but now work in the public school system. Been off for two week and it’s killing me, lol

Good idea....I’m retired military but now work in the public school system. Been off for two week and it’s killing me, lol

Yep, we actually really enjoy the walks. The kids complain a bit, but it's good for them, and it's actually relaxing to get out and see nature. We were doing this before the virus (just not as often) and will now continue to do it even after.

I hear you on it killing you. I feel like my sanity is slowly slipping.

I Just cant get over what it has done around the world and feel sad for the ones who have paid with there lives only to do it alone, I'm 60 With under lying Health problems Lungs not much air already.So i have packed up my JK With camping gear and went to desert. Was there 2 1/2 weeks camping, on or off the trails.so to do my part not to get or spread this corona19. Just needed few more things from home to be more comfortable and to pick up grandson.Though I'm enjoying my jeep and i AM iI pause often and remember whats going on and how others are
dying give thanks and pray for all of us every where that this Crap gets over soon.
TY Jay for asking gives me another chance to pause.

I Just cant get over what it has done around the world and feel sad for the ones who have paid with there lives only to do it alone, I'm 60 With under lying Health problems Lungs not much air already.So i have packed up my JK With camping gear and went to desert. Was there 2 1/2 weeks camping, on or off the trails.so to do my part not to get or spread this corona19. Just needed few more things from home to be more comfortable and to pick up grandson.Though I'm enjoying my jeep and i AM iI pause often and remember whats going on and how others are
dying give thanks and pray for all of us every where that this Crap gets over soon.
TY Jay for asking gives me another chance to pause.
Well said sir, well said.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be over anytime soon:

Unless we hide out inside for up to 18 months (when they project they'll have a vaccine ready), it's just going to come back as soon as we all go back to normal.

Reactions: Jay D

Unless we hide out inside for up to 18 months (when they project they'll have a vaccine ready), it's just going to come back as soon as we all go back to normal.

I think this virus is seasonal. Next year we do not worry about it anymore. We just don't have the vaccine to it for now.

😟Hi Chris
Yes I can see that,Is seems so contagious and we don't have enough test to find out if who is actually carrying it, But not showing symptoms. People are unknowingly passing it along. Healthcare workers First Responders who I give a big shout-out to and;
Thank You👍👍🚑🚓🚛⛽🛒🛒🇺🇸
A lot if not all have the risk of Contracting it. chosen to move away from their families temporarily to be of service to others which we definitely needed this time. It's going to be a while yet before there's a vaccine or a cure for this. I hope it's not that long even if we get it slow down there still going to be people that aren't going to make it through it. It's a tragedy this whole situation I will make it we'll get through it. And like everything else in life it'll make us stronger.
bless us all and keep us healthy!!

P.S. Not too long ago when I signed up here you shared some information with me on changing the oil filter adapter on my JK.
Thank you it was right on the money you are step by step instructions and pictures was the ticket. I had recently had a complete right hip replacement surgery and I was still having to wear a brace. But when there's a will to get back in your Jeep and go off-roading;
( Rock Crawling ) I started this trying to do most of the build and repairs myself it makes retirement worth it and affordable; LOL
Thank You

P.S. Not too long ago when I signed up here you shared some information with me on changing the oil filter adapter on my JK.
Thank you it was right on the money you are step by step instructions and pictures was the ticket. I had recently had a complete right hip replacement surgery and I was still having to wear a brace. But when there's a will to get back in your Jeep and go off-roading;
( Rock Crawling ) I started this trying to do most of the build and repairs myself it makes retirement worth it and affordable; LOL
Thank You

Oh good, I'm glad that helped you (y)

Good for you for sticking to it and not giving up like some would. My neighbor recently had both shoulders replaced, and the day after surgery he was out walking the neighborhood streets as if nothing happened. Sure he was on a lot of pain meds, but after talking to him, he's a real fighter. The type that refuses to stay down. That's a good thing for sure.

This is true. I really dont think people are taking it serious until it actually affects them or someone they know and love.

This is how I take this seriously.

I know the virus that we do not understand is already out everywhere amongst us.
Why don't we go back to normal life and implement social discipline with compassion over this virus?

If we shutdown our lives, what do we have to gain in the end? Can we win with a fight or lost meanwhile scared and just hunker down?

Last edited:
This is how I take this seriously.

I know the virus that we do not understand is already out everywhere amongst us.
Why don't we go back to normal life and implement social discipline with compassion over this virus?

If we shutdown our lives, what do we have to gain in the end? Can we win with a fight or lost meanwhile scared and just hunker down?

I agree 100%.

The long term implications of shutting things down get worse each day this goes on (the shut down).

And what happens in 3 months when they decide to start the economy back up again? All it takes is a single person to spread this virus, so we'll be back at square one again.

Except very few will have developed immunities to it, because we've been hiding away in our homes (well, I haven't, you you know what I mean).

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
That I Agree Chris,
I'm concerned about the economy for everyone; Except for those One per-centers and those that don't have to be concerned about money.Anyone else like that Has had to work to live not saying they Don't I'm sure most Do.I'm saying that in my 60 years I had see that I am most Happy Like Most of us are??
When the economy is doing Good we enjoy life the most. If we ;(But mostly them who flips the switches) don' get this economy going soon really soon. Others are already losing what they have worked hard and long for what little we have gotten.I have had to reevaluate more then once because our economy took a Crap; What's going to take to Be happy and enjoy Retirement. I'm just getting started at this Retirement if the economy doesn't start up soon not just ours; But the worlds every one is going to suffer Except those that have more then they need??

We are Americans. The home of the braves. We fight for what is right with dignity. We live with a civilized society and passionate people. We are well structured compared to other countries in the whole world.

However it takes a real good leader to turn this around. Observe at how the G7 is responding to this crisis, and where do we stacked up? What we are showing here is the opposite of who we are and what we believe in.

This is beyond belief and it is disgusting!

*** South Korea handled this pandemic without shutting down their country. That my friend shows who has a real good leadership.

Last edited:
We are Americans. The home of the braves. We fight for what is right with dignity. We live with a civilized society and passionate people. We are well structured compared to other countries in the whole world.

However it takes a real good leader to turn this around. Observe at how the G7 is responding to this crisis, and where do we stacked up? What we are showing here is the opposite of who we are and what we believe in.

This is beyond belief and it is disgusting!

*** South Korea handled this pandemic without shutting down their country. That my friend shows who has a real good leadership.

I don't believe the country needs to be shut down.

I believe what they should instead to is ask anyone who is much older, has underlying health conditions they know of, or is immune compromised, to stay inside as much as possible and limit their exposure by only going somewhere if they absolutely need to.

Have other people maintain enough space with each other, offer people 2 weeks of paid sick leave, and work on a way to keep things open without shutting them down entirely.

I feel like none of the powers that be are taking into account that the longer they keep things shut down, the wore things are going to get.

They keep talking about the death toll from this, but I think the death toll that comes from the economy being shut down is going to be far, far worse in the long run. Think lost jobs, permanently closed businesses, massive unemployment rates.

South Korea is handling this way better than we are.

Hi again All,
Chris again I agree,I also believe or (More & More) like most every thing; Its becoming all about the money. Therefore I ask,Who stands to profit more??
I Have a couple I'm sure will Profit Big????

Today we put the top down on the TJ, and me and my 34 year old son drove it up the hill in back of the house. Showed him about low range to keep it under control. He is living next door for now, but I usually make him and his family keep a distance. We did put on dust shield so we wouldn't spit on each other when in the jeep.

My wife saw that they blocked off the entrance to one of our public beaches with big rocks. I think that is dumb as dirt, there was no problem with people gathering and the big space gave them a safe place to get out of the house.
Tomorrow my wife and I will drive up to a small county park in the JK where we take the puppy to run, hopefully they haven't blocked that off.

Don

Today we put the top down on the TJ, and me and my 34 year old son drove it up the hill in back of the house. Showed him about low range to keep it under control. He is living next door for now, but I usually make him and his family keep a distance. We did put on dust shield so we wouldn't spit on each other when in the jeep.

My wife saw that they blocked off the entrance to one of our public beaches with big rocks. I think that is dumb as dirt, there was no problem with people gathering and the big space gave them a safe place to get out of the house.
Tomorrow my wife and I will drive up to a small county park in the JK where we take the puppy to run, hopefully they haven't blocked that off.

Don

We've been finding if you head out far enough, things aren't shut down. I mean I suppose they figure no one is going out that far anyways, and if they are, it's not like they are doing any harm.